2.9L Whipple

sd04cobra

Established Member
Hey,

I haven't been around for a while but am still waiting to hear if Whipple is going to put out a 2.9L Twin Screw for the 03-04 Cobra. Lethal is the Whipple go to, do you guys know any information on this subject? Thanks!

Mark

Ironhand

Banned
This question has been asked before and as far as I can remember nothing was slated to be done with the 2.9 whipple for the 03-04s. I guess if you need a small blower then the 2.3 is your choice. The 3.4 being for modified motors.

The 2.9 was designed as the "small" blower for the GT-500s and in order to change the existing 2.9s over to the 03-04 setup would require an entirely new discharge plate and a different length snout. The boost bypass is layed out different between the 03-04s and the GT-500s. As well as the discharge plate having a different bolt pattern from the blower itself to the discharge plate.

You cant get a 3.4 discharge plate and a whipple or crusher inlet and simply bolt it on. The holes wont align and the boost bypass is setup differently. You would have to start with the 2.9 compressor, and the 3.4 discharge plate and go from there and guess a rough snout length of 2 inches. Not really worth it when the 3.4 can be spun slower or the 2.3 can be spun harder. I would still like to see the 2.9 made for the 03-04s regardless.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry guys but I have no new info if or when the 2.9L will be an option for the 03-04 Cobras.

Let me know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread