# 2 cylinder dead! missing bad ..stumped !!!

cobra=trouble

Established Member
okay , that cylinder has 160 psi btw
i swapped the coil ,plug out with the #1 cylinder which is firing.so thats all good i suppose ?

when i unplug the coil pack or the injector, it does not make a differance,
i put the #1 inj plug on the #2 does nothing..whan i hook up the #2 injector plug up to the #1 injector it works ?

i have not swapped the #1 and #2 injectors over.
not other day the #2 injector i couldn't feel it pulsing with my hand like all the others,..today it's pulsing but #2 cylinder is still dead ,all though it as compression ???

i was rev the motor up when this all happened.

is it possible that i jumped off 2 rockers arms?
like 2 intakes
or 2 exhast ones?

any ideas? my x cal2 shows no codes even though i pulled all the injector, and coil pack connectors off one at a time ?

Last edited:

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
how are you verifing which cylinder has the miss fire? when you swap the coils and plugs you are still going to have a missfire just in a different cylinder. you need a scan tool with power balance capabilities. you can not just switch the connectors to an injector because the injector will still spray as if it were at the other cylinder. what were the other cylinder compression readings. you need a percentage difference to tell if its a mechanical problem of just that cylinder. How about a cylinder leak down test? there are alot of easy tests to perform before you need to start going crazy with assumptions of a problem. I'd say most missfires on the modular motors are caused by a bad coil.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Also if the cylinder is not firing you can take a temp measurement of the exhaust manifold right off the head and see if one is cooler than the others.

metaman

Established Member
If it is not the spark plug, or the coil and you have good compression then the only thing left is a dead injector. You have figured it out.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
okay i swapped #1 and #2 injectors into the different injector port. when i took out #1 the top of it was clean,,#2 the one that was making no differance whan i pulled it off the rail it had some blockage in the top hole, they got a small screen on the top of the injector i cleaned it out with brake cleaner,i put that injector in the #1 hole..when i fired it up all cylinders are hitting now.
btw all my compression#'s are between 155 to 160 psi.im building a boss 50 iron block ,due to my slight head tick a got.
so now i'm back to org. problem now..which is very hard to explain. at least my car does not miss at idle now . had very rough idle with cloged injector.when i do my 5.0 install i will have all my injectors cleaned and calibrated.

i got a guy here that is willing to data log my car for me now.

to take care of my other problem.. i will be making new post one that problem

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread