2 Problems Any Solution=passenger seat,Hood Blanket

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
Hood Blanket has stains and burn marks or something on it where there are chunks of insulation is missing. It looks really tacky when i am at car shows. There was another 03 Cobra at the same car show and there hood blanket looked flawless??? I don't get it I have no hood mod or anything. Has anyone else had this problem and had there hood blanket replaced under warranty by ford???? Then the other problem with passenger seat rubs with the trim of my passenger door I never noticed until i read about it on this site any solution I would like to know what ford did about these things thanks.

jjksutton

Rookie for Life
Established Member

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
I got my seat rubbing fixed under warranty. They have a kit for that problem. Really annoying noise. My hood blanket looks like crap too but I didnt ask for a new one yet. ( I keep my car outside in the rain so I think a new one will just get stained fast)

Matt M PA

Established Member
I did the pass. seatTSB in my garage. Noise gone. My dealer sold me the hardware for less than $10. The only downside is that the console door now bumps into that seat when opened.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Seat problem:

Just loosen up the 4 bolts for the passenger side seat and push the seat toward the console. Then tighten it down. There's enough play in the seat mounting brackets that many have fixed it this way without adding shims under the seat like the TSB advises. This fix is free and only takes about 2 minutes.

Hood blanket:

I don't know what to tell you about the hood blanket. If your car gets wet, the blanket will eventually start deteriorating. Either take it off or get an extra one for show. My car never gets wet and my hood blanket still looks like new.

-Greg

Matt M PA

Established Member
I should have also noted that I did first move the tracks over, but at least for my car it wasn't quite enough.

Users who are viewing this thread