2 questions

PKWhiteKnight

Established Member
What rims do you all think would look better

I am voting on either
White Powdercoated Bullits
White Powdercoated 03 Cobra Rims

Also i am getting rid of the stalker front bumper for a 94-98 regular cobra bumper, just waiting for it to get painted this weekend
should i keep the stalker or put the cobra one on

imag0090.jpg

Just not sure of my Rim Choices just yet... still very undecided

Last edited:

dings50

Established Member
Out of the 2 choices........bullits with the 10s on the back.
Yes cobra bumper, but it will not match your rear or side ground effects.
Lose the geto windshield sun shade.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Originally posted by 95snoozer
lose the wing and body kit and eyebrow and stripe and then

perhaps white saleens or 03 cobras

:beer:

PKWhiteKnight

Established Member
lol i thought i might get hassled cause of that

well the car is getting a major clean up during my whole engine swap... but slowly cause i can't afford to do both apperance and performance
you all should check out my progress on a few other boards about my 5.4 lightning engine swap
anyways
as the car sits
the stalker bumperis coming off
being replaced with a cobra front bumper and the team shinoda boss cobra chin spoiler....
the chin spoiler will be detachable (1) so i can make it up my driveway(2) so i can have it off for daily driving(3) will only be used for auto-x/quartermile racing and shows

it has boss fender flares(actually ford oem exprt fender flares for the mustang) but they are coming off right away as well

the rear bumper and side skirts are 99+ saleen style ones that are made to fit my 97 body style... got them from ground dynamics.
the rearlouvers stay because so many people dislike them so i figured what the heck...lets annoy a few people along the way... so i like to be different

the wing... well that is a tough one.. i had a saleen 351 on the car previously and sold it when i bought a 281 cause i wanted a cleaner look.... but a friend who had this cobra r wing laying around wanted to trade for a while to see... well the wing sort of grew on me but now i am not sure if i want the 281 back or not.
it comes in handy let me tell you for auto-x but sort of a drag in drag racing...lol no pun intended
i chose the blue stripe because every white stang i see is either all white or has black accents
and well i love the look of the old shelbys that were white with the dual blue le mans stripes but i wanted something a tad different so i went with the center stripe which fits perfectly between my ram air vents on the hood

now i know alot of you guys like plain clean looking mustangs and let me tell you i do too... but i wanted something different and something "standoutish" with this car...hence the engine project and the radical looking scheme i have going on...
but hey i am trying to redo the damage and clean her up a little

so
Cobra bumper
ram air hood
saleen side skirts
saleen rear bumper
rear louvers
wing... 281 or cobra r

and probably bullit rims
17x8 up front
17x10.5 in the back
all powdercoated white

how does that sound?

oh yeah and the windshield white banner part is coming off as well

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
:lol: cough damn thats nucking fugly cough :loser:

Total the car and cut your losses lol. Oh man thats so funny I am going to send that to one of those ihaterice.com sites. Sorry man I am glad you are trying and everything but it looks like a high school 16 year old did the bodywork/"stripe" in his backyard. I see you say 5.4 but I will believe it when I see it. I dont mean to bash but I cant resist so I will a little more

Stalker =off = a start
"boss fender flares" = off = better
Chin Spoiler = detachable = thank god
blue stripe = nobody has because it doesnt look right with your color + your car isnt a shelby hate to break it to you and you shouldnt make it have a stripe like one because you like shelby's
99+ Ground Dynamics Rear/ Cobra R wing/ rear louvers just brought you right back to where you started lol sorry man

Dont worry you will certainly stand out with all your import buddies lol sorry I had too like I said but hey it got me laughing harder than I have in a long time so feel good about that I guess :xpl:

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
Being serious so I dont sound like a complete ass to you. My suggestion would be to ditch that "ground dynamics" cheap 99+ "saleen" bumper and get one for your model year or better yet get a complete saleen kit with wing and get white saleen rims then your car is set if you paint it all one color or just not blue stripe on white lol. Or better yet hey do a Cobra R hood, svo side exhaust, cobra front/rear bumpers and a saleen wing with saleen rims or Y2K cobra R rims. Get rid of that damn blue and those louvers please. I can understand you want to stand out but you wont get any "nice car man" from the stang guys you would be expecting to say that about your car but only the ricers who you probably want to be crushing with that 5.4 you are going to be doing. Either way... errr... good luck? :shrug:

PKWhiteKnight

Established Member
my car has been through alot
it started off as a 97 v6 with a vortech
i sold it all did a v8 swap
it has a 2002GT motor with the returnless style fuel system and all 99+ wiring throughout the car... i was one of the first to do this sort of swap way back when the auto tranny was also dumped and a t-45 was installed
you should see the workmanship on the swap
basically it is a 99+ car with a 94-98 body style
as far as the 5.4 i am no stranger to engine swaps my previous one as an example
i have pics of everything so far... just waiting on some last items...
i found a way to deal with the hieght issue with the lightning motor and the intake is being made at my sheetmetal guy's shop
pics of that are coming soon... i posted prototype pics on a few sites as well like corral and others.

i understand i get alot of crap for my car and i take it in stride... trust me i relaize when i post a pic of it, it is going to go under scrutiny from everybody.

i have been actually looking for a set of roush side exhaust skirts cheap but still nothing has popped up... when they do i am putting the stock bumper back on but until then i sort of like the look of the saleen rear bumper as it sits

my main things was an idea of rims not to flamed cause the way my car looks

as the car sits... what rims would be better between the two i posted... i myself and leaning towards the bullits

on and the 16 year old comment... well you were close i was 18 but now i am 22 and have learned a few things along the way..
which is why i am trying to clean up the car a tad bit

Users who are viewing this thread