2 qusetions............

Venom_Injected

Established Member
first, has anyone with a 94/95 had a problem with the check engine light coming on after a long tube hedder install?
and second, ne one ever try using a GT processor in place of the Cobra processor? if so, do u have to change the MAF, and ne power gains?

the reason i ask about the long tube thing is because a had a 95 gt i put them on and since then i was gettin an intermittent check engine light....i never could figure out what it was...thanks for all ur help.

95Proof

Established Member
Venonm_Injected,
I don't have long tubes, but if the location of the O2 sensors changed much that could be a potential cause. Just a thought - I'm not an expert. I do not believe you can swap in a GT comp. into a Cobra without a harness modification or a change. Ford Racing made RPM Extenders for the 94-95 GT -#M-12650-A51- and they do not work on the Cobra without modification. 94-95 Cobra Comps. are the worst when it comes to adjustments for emissions, etc. There is power to be had by purchasing the PIH(Performance Inhancing Harness) and changing the comp. to a Fox body comp. A search on this site should yield helpful info.

94CobraPace

Established Member
First you should pull the codes from the check engine. Walmart or the parts store sell a $30 code scanner that will work on 94\95 Cobras and then you can pull your own codes, it comes with a book explaining what the codes mean. The placement of the O2 sensors could cause the check enging light to come on, or it could just be a consident that the 02 went out when you removed them. Lean bank will mean a bad 02.

MARK C

Established Member
When I did my Mac long tubes, I had to get 2 jumper harness from pro-m to make them reach. Are your o2's hooked up now? If not, that is your check engine light.

Users who are viewing this thread