2 T56 questions

sn95CobraPG

Established Member
I just bought a 97 Cobra with a T56 in it.

1. The guy said the reverse lockout is run electronically and he didn't feel like spending the extra money for the conversion, so reverse is a b*tch to get into. Is it true that the lockout is run electronically, and if so is there anything I can do to get that in the sn95?

2. First gear is also a little tough to get into gear. It might just take some getting use to on my part, I had a 99 GT previously and this is the first time I've driven the T56. He said it would be better with the steeda quadrant adjuster. I don't think its anything with the synchros b/c it doesn't grind or seem to have any problems once in, its just a bit stiff. It also has the MGW short throw and I'm use to the Pro5.0, so could the quadrant adjuster help me out?

Thanks, Chris

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
PCM controls the solenoid but all it does is provide a ground.

I suppose you could rig up switch with a (fused) 12V source...

I looked it up for ya:
terminal A is ground & B is power :thumbsup:

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
I just bought a 97 Cobra with a T56 in it.

1. The guy said the reverse lockout is run electronically and he didn't feel like spending the extra money for the conversion, so reverse is a b*tch to get into. Is it true that the lockout is run electronically, and if so is there anything I can do to get that in the sn95?

2. First gear is also a little tough to get into gear. It might just take some getting use to on my part, I had a 99 GT previously and this is the first time I've driven the T56. He said it would be better with the steeda quadrant adjuster. I don't think its anything with the synchros b/c it doesn't grind or seem to have any problems once in, its just a bit stiff. It also has the MGW short throw and I'm use to the Pro5.0, so could the quadrant adjuster help me out?

Thanks, Chris

1. What i did in a friends car was to connect one wire it up to his brake light switch and the other wire to ground. Works great.

2. Sounds like the clutch isn't adjusted corrected.

TJ@RPMtrans

Established Member
We tell customers to do like the above, hook a wire to the brake light switch so that it has 12v when you are stepping on the brake pedal. That works great.

He is also right in that it sounds like the clutch isn't adjusted correctly. You need to fix this asap as it will cause premature wear on the sychronizer blocking rings.

1964coupe

Established Member

Thanks, Chris

I'm having the same problem right now. Just come to a complete stop and hit second before you try to engage first for now and that will stop the grind. I've got a fiore quadrant and adjuster coming for christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread