2001 saleen catback for cobra

Iceking

I am trying to get some info on the saleen catback system. I have been told that it is 2.5 inch pipe with borla mufflers. Anyone have this setup? What is the sound like, what kind of power gains. I want to put on an offroad pipe too, which one is good. i have 40 series flowmasters on now but the sounds sucks. the cobra is a awesome car and i want to do the mods the right way.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by Iceking
I am trying to get some info on the saleen catback system. I have been told that it is 2.5 inch pipe with borla mufflers. Anyone have this setup? What is the sound like, what kind of power gains. I want to put on an offroad pipe too, which one is good. i have 40 series flowmasters on now but the sounds sucks. the cobra is a awesome car and i want to do the mods the right way.

I have a 2000 saleen s281sc. It's very rumbley. I think it sounds nice. I don't know the exact power gains, but I have a cat back that I will be selling if you are interested. What year cobra do you have? I don't know if they are interchangable. If you have a 99+ The Irc might get in the way.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: 2001 saleen catback for cobra

Originally posted by pimpinSaleen

I have a 2000 saleen s281sc. It's very rumbley. I think it sounds nice. I don't know the exact power gains, but I have a cat back that I will be selling if you are interested. What year cobra do you have? I don't know if they are interchangable. If you have a 99+ The Irc might get in the way.

The cat back is different between the cobra with the irs and the GT's.

kwiksnake

Established Member
I'm not sure about the Saleen version, but I have the Borla Xr-1 catback on my car and it sounds great. Quite harmless at cruising speeds but definitely noticeable, and the when you get to around 3500 rpm, break out the earplugs! Okay that may be a little overboard but it does get loud and sounds very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread