2003 COBRA - VIBRATION WHILE DRIVING ***READ***

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Snoker
I was told by the Precison Shaft Technology (PST), the makers of the carbon fiber and other driveshafts, to torque driveshaft bolts to 35 to 40 pounds. Technician said however, it is not critical, but factory uses loctite on bolts and it would be a good idea to replicate that after tightening bolts.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
I sent out my driveshaft out to a D/S shop and they told me the shaft was "junk" So I ordered another one today. The "ears" that the slip yoke ujoint go into are welded offset. Ford quality!
Does anyone clutch chatter on accel on first gear?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
On the subject of wheel balance, I can't beleive Ford put regular wheel weights on the wheels and put them on the outside no less. I don't think they are going to stay on very long because they look like they are already half off or only half on. I guess it all depends on how you look at them. I fully expect them to get thrown off, especially the rear ones. I guess I should mark their position and their weight before I loose them. I am actually surprised they haven't been thrown off already.
To those who suddenly developed a vibration, you might want to check for signs of missing/lost wheel weights. There should still be marks on the edges of the rims from the clamps.

Dana

darkhorse

Established Member
I thought that the wheel weights on the outside was a little tacky too. But my car rides very smoothly. I wonder if the people with the vibe have their weights on the inside?

:shrug:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I had a stering wheel side-to-side vibration from 55 to 65 mph, which the dealer service fixed by rebalancing the front wheels. BUT, they added 75grams of weights to the outside of the front passenger side wheel, and 45 grams to the driver side. Looks tacky. SM offered to rotate the tires on the wheels, but since just getting them balanced took 2 days in the dealership (and 10 miles driven on the car), I think I'll pass. When this set of F1s wears out (quickly, I understand), I'll have the new tires properly mounted and balanced by someone with more wheel savvy.

ti brin

Re: Re: 2003 COBRA - VIBRATION WHILE DRIVING ***READ***

Originally posted by byevette
Good to see that they are finally publicly acknowledging the vibe. However, I took mine in and the service manager noticed it, called SVT and replaced the ds.

:beer:
:D

i had that probleme my fixed that situation
1- change drive shave solved at 70%
2- they balance all systeme direct on a car
soved at 90%

i have a vibe now in third gear

TK Doom

Established Member
Could this be a problem on a 2004?

I noticed this immediately (really liked the car, so still bought it), salesman told me it was normal due to the size of rubber on the pavement.

I'm taking it in for the scotchguarding and paint protection next week, should I tell them to fix that (the vibe/driveshaft) too?

Users who are viewing this thread