2003 Focus SVT Hatch

kpmilia

Established Member
Hey Guys,

So my 2008 Lincoln MKZ is causing me a headache and I'm looking to get rid of it before I waste any more money. I want to get a good daily thats cheap, has low mileage and has good MPG. I've always liked the SVT Focus. I found one in my area. It's a 2003 with 46k and the dealership is asking 7500 for it. The price seems a bit high, but the mileage is great and it looks like its in pretty good shape. Haven't checked out the car yet personally...I was just wondering if you guys recommend these cars? Just looking for something that can be a little fun as a DD. Hoping to buy a terminator in a few years and have this one as my DD. Any help would be appreciated.

AZSV13GT

Established Member
Hi,

I owned a 2003 SVT 5-dr Hatch some years back, was a fun car as a DD. Get to row through the 6 gears, 170bhp engine had some pep, and HIDs on a cheap car like a Focus in 2003 was a rarity. In 3 years, I only had to replace the t-stat housing (was a common issue), but was reliable otherwise during ownership... I don't remember getting very good gas mileage, somewhere in the 20-25mpg range. I would however say that $7k seems a tad on the high side, pending what model/other info the KBB is only at $5.5-6k. Also, dealerships at $7500 really means $9k OTD. Just my thoughts on it. Good luck!

Last edited:

Steve@Tasca

A well maintained SVT Focus is a great car but you do have to stay on top of things and don't expect to just drive it, you will be working on it.

As for good mileage? Don't count on it unless you drive it like a granny. If you just drive it, not beat on it but just drive it you can expect low 20s in town and depending on the topography where you are and the speed you drive on the freeway you'll see between 27-31.

I love mine but they aren't for everyone.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread