2004 BIW Mustang AI Road Race Car

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
My 2004 BIW Mustang AI racecar is up for sale. I've been racing this car in the Great Lakes region since 2005. The car has been drop dead reliable and would make someone a good turn-key race setup.

Seat, steering wheel and pedals were positioned as far back as possible to give better weight distribution as well as for safety concerns.

Here are a few pictures. Pictures by deanoS4 - Photobucket

Car details:
All glass replaced with Lexan.
New Optima battery purchased in the spring 2009
Tilton Manual Overhung Pedal Assembly with Remote Brake bias adjuster.
OMP Grip Race Seat with Back Brace.
Pole Position Passenger Seat - Like new - used 4 times.
Mid Coast Performance Rollcage
Maximum Motorsports K-member and brace.
MM Front Control Arms.
MM Front Tie Rod Kit.
MM Front Sway Bar Relocation Kit.
MM Race Valved Bilstein MM3 Front Struts (new MM strut mounts)
MM Race Valved Bilstein MM2 Rear Shocks
MM Front and Rear Coilover kit.
MM Rear Panhard Bar.
MM Rear Adjustable Sway Bar kit with 3/4" and 7/8" sway bars.
Maximum Motorsports solid motor mounts.
MCP Rear 3 Link with custom lower control arms.

Konig Villain Wheels 17x9 Rims painted Black.

MCP 9" Rear Axle:
Strange Nodular Iron Case with Nascar Pinion Support.
9" IMCA Floater Kit.
9" Ford Cambered Tube Option - Cambered at 1 degree.
9" Ford DPI Platinum Series Torque Biasing Differential with a 3.40 Ring and Pinion.
Solid 31 Spline axles.
Coleman sportsman Hubs.
Diff cooler.

Brakes:
Front - Porsche "Big Red" Calipers with Alcon 2pc rotors.
Rear - Wilwood Forged Superlite Calipers with Wilwood Calipers.

Fuel Safe 18 gal. Fuel Cell - purchased 8/06.

Engine:
342 Ford Dart Sportsman Block.
Callies Crankshaft, crower connecting rods, manley pushrods, JE Pistons, Custom Comp Cams Roller Cam and Roller Lifters.
Dart PRO1 Aluminum Cylinder Heads.
Holley 390 Carb with adjustable restrictor plate.
Dynoed at 330hp and 345 torque.
Motor freshened in spring 2009 with 5 race weekends currently on motor.
Oil and filter changed after each race.
Kooks stainless Headers - Not in the best shape. They have scrapped many times and flattened at the collectors.

Transmission:
Tremec TKO II Transmission
Transmission just rebuilt by Liberty Gears in Taylor, Michigan.
1 Race on Rebuilt Transmission
QuarterMaster Extreme-V 8.5 Clutch and flywheel.

3 qt. Accusump.

Ron Davis dual pass custom radiator with intergrated oil cooler.
Also air to air oil cooler in series with radiator cooler.

The racecar is solid and a dependable performer but it is not perfect. In 2006 the car was wrecked and did a lot of damage to the rear of the car. It was mostly sheetmetal but was decided to graft a new rear section from a donor car. All the work was done by Mid Coast Performance. The rear axle and fuel cell were replaced at that time. The car has been raced the last few seasons with no problems. I'm not happy with the wiring. Never had a electrical problems but it just doesn't look professional.

Also for sale is my 24' ATC all aluminum trailer. The trailer is black as seen by the pictures and the canopy is included also. The trailer has 3500lb axles and all the tires were replaced in the summer of 2009. The trailer has an enclosed sunken spare tire carrier and E-trac on the walls. There are no cabinets. The vinyl floor has been damaged by a previous racecar scrapping it while loading and unloading. Also, the no rivet side walls and ceilings are a little wavy. I don't believe it would take much to fix either problem.

I would like to sell both of them in a package deal. If I do sell them separately, I will not sell the trailer until the car is sold. The car and trailer is located in Northern Indiana and is available for inspection at any time.

I'm asking $16,000 as a package or $13,000 for the car or $5000 for the trailer.
You can PM me or email me at dean99 at maplenet dot net.

Also, I will be traveling to lower Florida the first week of April so delivery is possible anywhere between Indiana and the Florida Keys.

Please - no low ball offers and can't think of anything that I need to trade for. You won't find a better deal than this.

Thanks - Dean Smeltzer

Users who are viewing this thread