2004 Cobra modifying for open track

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Kevin, I tried a set of the spent uranium rotors once.
Didn't help, the chicks still hung out with the Subaru guys. :shrug:

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
Finally try to start making more money because cobras eat tires and pads up fast when you get really going. :beer:

Just playing with friends i use 1 1/2 tanks of gas for 4 sessions. When running with the tt guys i use 2 tanks for 4 sessions.

MFE

Established Member
To go along with "just go get some seat time"....

Written by our very own "Edz". Trackdaddy to myself and many others; trackgrandaddy to uncountable hordes of addicts!!!

That's ****in' classic right ther

MGC

Established Member
You are correct, Master Yoda.

:poke:

:lol:

Couple of things for the new guys that you should bring to the track with you, an SA 2005 or higher helmet, torque wrench for lug nuts, extra fluids (brake, engine and power steering), window cleaner, tire gauge, painters tape for lights and bumpers, and water. Jimmy hit it right on the head, these cars are extremely fun on the road course and are easy to drive fast! So go out there, and have a blast! :rockon::thumbsup:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
What brake fluids are recommended?

Motorcraft?

Motul?

Valvoline/Castrol synth?

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I have used Castrol synthetic from Advance Auto for years with very good results.

Last year I switched to ATE for no reason other than most of my track buddies are using it and it is easier to carry similar spares and do group purchases.

"Hey mang, whilst you be at da sto, how bouts you gets me sumadat high dolla stuff you be usin' in yo brakez. I ketch up to ya on da backside and buy you a sammich fo lunch."

:)

-Kevin

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I have used Castrol synthetic from Advance Auto for years with very good results.

Last year I switched to ATE for no reason other than most of my track buddies are using it and it is easier to carry similar spares and do group purchases.

"Hey mang, whilst you be at da sto, how bouts you gets me sumadat high dolla stuff you be usin' in yo brakez. I ketch up to ya on da backside and buy you a sammich fo lunch."

:)

-Kevin

Used to use the Ford back when it was still 550 dry(PM-1). The new stuff(PM-1-C) is only 500, so when that happened I switched to ATE super blue, though for the amber color I still just use the Ford stuff since I can get that quite a bit cheaper than the ATE amber.
ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
ATE Type 200 Amber Brake Fluid

I like being able to tell by the color when I have gotten all the old stuff out.
I use the Ford on the street and for flush outs. So 90% of the time that's what's in there.

Users who are viewing this thread