2004 Powerlease Customers-please Read!!!!

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
I Am Posting This In 2 Different Areas Of The Site, Hoping It Will Catch Your Attention, If You Are A Powerlease Customer And Lessee Of A 2004 Cobra Or Lightning Product.. I Have Been Calling SVT For Over A Year, To Get An Answer On When We Are Going To Get Our Powerlease Options, Per Their Program Terms...I Have Been Getting Excuses, Vague Answers, And Promises That They Do Not Keep....it Will Take More Than Myself To Get Them To Get These Options Mailed...remember, According To The Program Terms, We Were Supposed To Get Our Options By August 2004. Basically Ford Has Breached The Contract...Robert Lewis Is Currently The Individual Responsible For Getting The Options To Us, But He Rarely Picks Up The Phone At SVT When Called, And Doesn't Like Returning Voicemails As Of Late....please Call Him At SVT 1(800)367-3788, Complain, Or Leave A Message On His Voicemail...hopefully, It Will Get Him To Get Situation Resolved With The Higher-ups At Ford And Get Us Our Options...it Is Also Important That You Write Directly To SVT's Marketing Manager(New Guy) And Complain....here Is The Direct Mailing Address And Individual's Name...he Is New To SVT, So Be Gentle.....i Would Recommend Fedex Or Certified Mail, So That You Get Proof Of Delivery....

Ford Motor Co. SVT Division
777 Republic Drive #F
Allen Park, Mi 48101
Attn: Burt Diamond (personal)

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
the powerlease buyers were supposed to get first crack at a gt500, right? what happens when the cars become avalible and they say, ok, there it is, it will be ten thousand over sticker? was anything in writing? just wondering, i bought my 04 cobra. will you have the option to buy your terminator at a good price if the gt500 isn't avalible?

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
It is my understanding (I don't have a powerlease) that the powerlease cars are extra allotment for the dealer. In other words, if they are scheduled to get 7 cars and have 2 powerlease customers, they will actually get 9 cars.

I'd say that gives powerlease customer power to deal under sticker right away. You tell the dealer "either you sell me this car at $xxxxx.xx or I don't let you get the extra car." If they don't get the car at all, they make nothing on it. IF you let them get it they still make a little money. A little is better than none. All you have to do is point that out to them. Of course they will try to gouge you until you point that out to them.

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
Powerlease is a definite advantage-re price!!!

Bingo....Since the sale would be just an accomodation by the dealer,the car would not pass through his store, unless the Powerlease customer brought him the option, it is a good deal for both the customer and the dealer....I negotiated a deal at 1000.00 over invoice, and have another dealer that may cut me a better deal....If you are a Powerlease customer, you could simply sell your option, since you will be one of a very select group of customers to receive 1 of the first 250 cars produced......I would say you could receive anywhere between 10-20K for the option, since you will have the option way before the cars are produced....You could then wait until the 2nd or 3rd year of production and order a 2008 or 2009 Shelby, with the option money in your pocket....That's if we ever get our options from SVT.......

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
swlacobra said:
the powerlease buyers were supposed to get first crack at a gt500, right? what happens when the cars become avalible and they say, ok, there it is, it will be ten thousand over sticker? was anything in writing? just wondering, i bought my 04 cobra. will you have the option to buy your terminator at a good price if the gt500 isn't avalible?

The Dealer doesn't sell a car from his allotement, it is the Powerlease Option holder that has the allotement, all the dealer has to do is order the car for the option holder....It is basically an accomodation sale, since the dealer would not be getting the car unless the optionholder brings him the option....I have negotiated a 1000.00 over invoice for the sale from my dealer, and I am certain since it is an extra sale for the dealer, that some dealer would be happy to spend 3 minutes of his time on the computer to order the car for 1000.00 in compensation for other Powerlease option holders.....

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
Trublu01 said:
That is right, you will have first dibs, but at what price? Your going to get it for what a dealer sells it for.

Remember, as a Powerlease option-holder, the car is allotted to the customer, not the dealer....All the dealer has to do is order the car for the option-holder, which would take about 3 minutes on the computer....You negotiate a price with the dealer just to order the car, since it is not out of his alloted cars, but is your allotement, for him to do just the ordering and delivery prep.......

Users who are viewing this thread