2005 is here till 1 pm

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
well its here the red 2005 is in our show room as we speak and it is all there. the rep is here and the prototype is on the bird frame along with the 3.9 and bird tranny. if you havent seen the car in person the pics dont do any justice. kust thought i would let you know:coolman:

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Go to roadside got about 10 pics over there:coolman:

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
link?

:shrug: i know this sounds stupid, dont know how to link. go to roadside 2nd page and it says it is here, hope that helps:coolman:

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
YEA I GUESS SO DUE TO THE REP SAYING THAT THE INT AND SO WOULD NOT BE THERE,(go figure), NO SEATS AS IN PICS AND SO ON. THE ONE THING WHICH WAS COOL AND HE SAID THE BODY WAS 99% OF WHAT YOU SAW, MIXED REVIEWS FROM THE CUSTOMERS AND LOCAL NEWS. I THINK IT ROCKS EXCEPT THAT DAMN 3.9 BIRD MOTOR. I STILL WISH I COULD UNDERSTAND THE WHY THE REP WOULD NOT O P E N THE HOOD!!!!:mj:

rhumbline

Established Member
3.9 T Bird motor? This would be new as the prototypes have to now had an SC 4.6 from the Cobra. The 3.9/4.2 motor is actually a fantastic design, very well engineered for performance, if a bit small for those Stangers fixated on cubic quantity of engineering quality.

I would love to see some version of the 4.2 VVT, as seen in various Jags, as a motor for a latter day Boss as it would occupy a relative niche similar to what the Cleveland headed 302 did in its day: small, light and sophisticated hi-revver orientated more towards road course racing than the drag strip.

The larger, simpler, cheaper Mod motor could then be used for the Mach I (5.4 3V), which is oriented more towards simple straight line acceleration where big cubes and their attendant low-end torque would be optimal.

The Cobra, may well end up with a 5.4 version of the current SC 4.6.

jwfisher

Banned
That's great - but it's not a prototype - it's only a show car. While certain themes may be the same, certain other things (such as wheel-to-body proportion) will not be.

There are spy pics of real prototypes running around Detroit and other places... and there are many differences.

Users who are viewing this thread