2007 Cobra at NY Autoshow

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
I have confirmed that SVT will be showing the 2007 Cobra at NY AutoShow, in late March...I do not have info as to the type of car being a "concept", "prototype" or "pre-production" version....Stay-tuned for further updates

1QWIK4.6

Established Member
Make sure and take a camera with ya.Concept,prototype,or pre-production I want to see what SVT has up their sleeve. :burnout:

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
Just wanted to say thanks in advance to those who will be going to the show and reporting back to the rest of us. You guys rock!

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
Badgts said:
Just wanted to say thanks in advance to those who will be going to the show and reporting back to the rest of us. You guys rock!

you're welcome. :beer:

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
Ford SVT release of powerlease purchase options for 2007 Cobra

As of today, SVT is in the process of mailing out Powerlease purchase options for the 2007 Cobra. This option was available to individuals who, between April-June 2004, leased a 2004 Cobra....There are approximately 100 or so of these options going out to customers. They will be the group that will get the first released 2007 Cobras in 2006..... I am one of those customers, and will advise if there is any additional information in the mailing.

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
That's encouraging news! How did you find out about the mailing? And what if you aren't satisfied with the next Cobra? Then what? Seems like all the Lightning folks got a big fat "F&ck you, sorry about your luck" from Ford. That whole deal seemed a little fishy to me. Its kinda like being stood up by a blind date...only with a $40K vehicle. And getting the first run of a new model is kinda like bangin' a hooker without a condom. Maybe you get lucky and get a clean car without engineering mistakes/oversights...maybe you don't. Personally, I would at least find out what the pitfalls are of the new model before jumping on the bandwagon. On the brighter side, the new cars are being built with better quality controls in place (or so they say). Hope your experience is a good one. Keep us posted.

Ken04Cobra

I also have done the power lease. basically if you don't want to get the 07 one, then you can sell your option and then either turn in your 04 at the end of the lease or sell it or keep it.

They did some compensation for the Lightning Power lease people. I am not positive what it was but, it was some sort of monetary compensation.

I have not heard of them mailing out the options yet....

Users who are viewing this thread