2011 Roush Front Bumper Cover; Fitment Issue?

dormeas

Established Member
So I just installed my new Roush Front Bumper today and it's not lining up quite right. Everything is fine, but the area where it meets the fender is sticking out, if I push one side in it pushes the other side out more that it already is and vice versa. Has anyone else had this issue or any idea what may be causing it?

dormeas

Established Member
Anyone?

I found an old thread from RC about tucking some cardboard in under the grille. It did help but still not totally satisfied. Maybe it will get better with time on the car?

RC-5.0

Established Member
So I just installed my new Roush Front Bumper today and it's not lining up quite right. Everything is fine, but the area where it meets the fender is sticking out, if I push one side in it pushes the other side out more that it already is and vice versa. Has anyone else had this issue or any idea what may be causing it?

Yeah, on their instructions, and if you call Roush, they will tell you this.

Stick your hand through the center of your radiator cover and grasp the top center of the bumper...if you LIFT UP on the bumper, those corners tuck in. Now you gotta find something to wedge in there. I used a folded piece of cardboard, put two small pieces of sponge on either side and wrapped it with blue painters tape...this allows you to adjust the thickness...just wedge it under there...after about a year is still there...When they installed the VMP they left the piece out...I just stuck it back in and it's still fine. This is what Roush would tell you to do.. Let me know how it comes out.
RC

dormeas

Established Member
Thanks! Maybe I will need to go a little thicker on the wedge. It's getting pretty close, unfortunately I don't think I could lift it enough to overshoot like you stated. The most I can get is "almost tucked in" my wedge is currently 5 pieces of cardboard thick. And about 4 in wide. Does that sound about right?

dormeas

Established Member
Thanks RC, all is well now! I changed around how it was shimmed and got it set just right! I took a quick pic to show the fit now, I'll take more later. I'm very happy with the over all look of the car now:)

image by phliphamm, on Flickr

nosscort

Established Member
Crazy the price of the bumpers and the shitty fitment issues.. having to have to shim it with cardboard!

RC-5.0

Established Member
Thanks RC, all is well now! I changed around how it was shimmed and got it set just right! I took a quick pic to show the fit now, I'll take more later. I'm very happy with the over all look of the car now:)

image by phliphamm, on Flickr

Glad I could help...luckily the guy from Roush helped me, because even my body guy didn't know that that's what had to be done...Looks TIGHT now!
RC

Users who are viewing this thread