2012 Gt500 Goes into gear, but wont move forward

Bad Company

Established Member
Go with a Moser M88 8.8" Built to Order Rear End Package if you can. Im going the same route as @SCGallo2. Still up in the air over a WAVETRAC - 33 Spline or Truetrac - 33 Spline

Do some research and I think you'll opt for the WaveTrac. The WaveTrac doesn't need a torque differential to send power to the axle with the great torque capacity(traction). Unfortunately the Strange S Trac, the Gleason Torsion and the Eaton Detroit TruTrac need to have both wheels on the ground to function properly because of the fact they have a built in torque bias. The Gleason used in the rear of the TP 13/13 Shelby has a 2.5:1 torque bias if I remember correctly. The WaveTrac utilizes a different method of dealing with the different wheel speeds and the torque each wheel will accept that doesn't rely on torque bias. This means the wheel with the most traction gets power, whereas a differential that relies on Torque Bias won't move the car if it can't sense a differential in torque requirements of the two axles. If one wheel has zero(0) traction then a torque bias differential with a torque bias of 2.5 multiplied by 0 = 0. Which is total loss of power being transmitted to the tires.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Do some research and I think you'll opt for the WaveTrac. The WaveTrac doesn't need a torque differential to send power to the axle with the great torque capacity(traction). Unfortunately the Strange S Trac, the Gleason Torsion and the Eaton Detroit TruTrac need to have both wheels on the ground to function properly because of the fact they have a built in torque bias. The Gleason used in the rear of the TP 13/13 Shelby has a 2.5:1 torque bias if I remember correctly. The WaveTrac utilizes a different method of dealing with the different wheel speeds and the torque each wheel will accept that doesn't rely on torque bias. This means the wheel with the most traction gets power, whereas a differential that relies on Torque Bias won't move the car if it can't sense a differential in torque requirements of the two axles. If one wheel has zero(0) traction then a torque bias differential with a torque bias of 2.5 multiplied by 0 = 0. Which is total loss of power being transmitted to the tires.
Thanks for sharing the wealth of info @Bad Company. I most certainly will do my research before i put in the order. Ive heard and read about opinions on both and they vary.

devon807

Yep, sounds like something in the rear axle let go. I have an OEM 2008 GT500 takeoff rear axle with approx 58k miles that I just removed from my car. If it gives you options and minimizes down time for you, I'll make you a good deal. If you are in VA, we are within driving distance to make an exchange.

View attachment 1828259

I just installed a custom Moser M88 that I am really enjoying, so that might be an option for you as well.
How much?

Users who are viewing this thread