2012 mustang paint issues

5pnt0

Established Member
16k miles on the car, waxed every year and kept in garage. Wash regularly myself.I have the following issues:

1. Bubbling paint on lip of the hood, spots all the way across.
2. Bubbling paint lip of trunk.
3. Paint peeling off near rear license plate lights.
4. Clear coat peeling off on driver front fender near rocker panel.

I know the hood corrosion is fairly common, but the others? This is ridiculous. Going to dealer this Friday, hope they fix with no issues.

Nuar

Established Member
Waxed or not, there should be zero issues with paint.
Some people use windex to clean their car (saw it at a car show this weekend) and their paint doesnt bubble up...

Hope the dealer approaches it the right way. Good luck.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Just had my hood replaced last week. Ford picked it up and said it was a very well known issue with the aluminum hoods.

Going for broke

Established Member
So what did you end up getting afterwards?

White 2013. Was scared to try another black one. My problems were mostly visible under fluorescent lighting but were visible in all light once you knew what you were looking for. I'd say there was 2-300 imperfections on the top surface of car. Paint never peeled or chipped but I had the car only about 10 months.

yeller1

Established Member
I have a friend with a black 2012 V6 that is having the same problem on his hood. Don't know about the other parts on the car. I'll have to check with him tomorrow. He is going to the dealer to have them check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread