2012 roush tvs 2300 82mm pulley

Whipple V8

Established Member
hey, like the title says i have a 2012 roush stage 3 that is currently stock (540hp), i have orderd a fair amount of mods like clutch ,flywheel, driveshaft, suspension upgrades, and now im looking at adding a smaller pulley intake and headers.

so what i think i want is

82mm pulley
90mm idler
spark plugs
jlt 123mm CAI
1 7/8 long tube headers
off road x-pipe.

now i have read that the stock 47lb injectors can handle the 82mm and CAI on a few different sites, im still looking for more opinions and would the headers and x pipe push me over those injectors? im guessing they only add 20-25hp but this is my summer daily driver and sometimes a weekend track car. i just want to be able to know my car is 100% safe to beat on and i wont have fuel issues. ive looked into buying a vmp plug and play boost a bump but then i read that different injectors may be better? curious , id rather spend $300 on a boost a pump vs $1k for injectors but if that what it takes to be safe its better than a rebuilt motor.

thanks.

Vert

Established Member
The 82mm pulley and the JLT with a good tune will put at 600RWHP. If you do the headers and all, I would add the boost a pump.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I ran a 82mm, JLT, and 1 3/4 long tubes on 47's without a BAP... It varies from car to car. I wouldn't buy a BAP unless you need it..

Also headers will add some but not much. For a daily driver that your going to put a bunch of miles on, I'd keep stock headers and get a off-road X pipe... A good tune is money well spent!

Slowb00st

Established Member
You can ge the 55lbs injectors from the 13-14 gt500s, they can be had in the $200s new. Then you can sell the 47s to get some of that back. Its just a bit more wiggle room, but you wont be on the edge of the injectors.

Whipple V8

Established Member
if the 55's are only 200 bucks id consider doing that and a BAP, then i would be for sure safe right? do the 55's fit or do a need an adapter? id rather do that option over the id750's and a BAP thats about 1300 bucks. im probably worrying about this too much but i had a 03 cobra that i bought heavily modded and it wasnt done correctly and it ended up blowing up over a fuel issue and costing my 13k to rebuild the right way so you can see why im covering my bases lol.

Whipple V8

Established Member
i also found that american muscle sells 60lb injectors that fit without spacer or adapter for like 370$ . if the id725 are 960$ and 68lb whats the big difference in price ? paying for a good name or is it more tuning friendly ?

Slowb00st

Established Member
IDs are loved by tuners becuse they set them and forget them, and idle is normally perfect.

To give you a perspective for the same HP if you are running the 47s at 90% Injector duty cycle if you swap to 52s they should run about 81-82% basically getting back in the safety zone.

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...ector-52-lb-set-of-8/m-9593-mu52/?parent=1003

You can find them on ebay for around $240 shipped.

If you still want ID725s I have a new set that may sell, dont think I'll finish my project any time soon. But I wont be home for 2 to 3 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread