2013 Hellion TT GT Dyno Time

Torchy

Established Member
Yeah I'd say your gauge is closer to right. I've checked the sensors on a dyno or two and they can be a little off down low.
Good to know
Great results man! How does she feel?? I'm sure you'll be able to break 600rwhp even on 7psi still.
It def feels good and like the piece of mind that everything is safe. I'll prob only run costco gas for consistency. Yeah that 585pull was right after another pull. Also I'm thinking gain has a lot to do with torque delivery and peak torque. I realized on a pull where I was tuning the BC it made 555rwtq and 582hp. The gain setting was more aggressive on this pull. Duty cycle was a little higher and it over boosted because I kept a conservative over boost setting. That was a easy 600+ rwhp pull because BC solenoid kicked in around 5500rpm. I kept sensitivity pretty high too. Nannies were on red alert:p

VIPERED91GT

Ford Technician
Established Member
Good stuff Torchy thumbs up... Once again thanks for the help as well... I thought those mufflers looked familiar.. I run the Corsa Extremes as well.. Did you cut the resonators out at least?? Thats what I did..If not you're losing some power there and sound!! Im thinking our cars will be around the same power level.. I've been datalogging and the car is seeing at most 16 degrees as well...BBR tune.....Im going to update my thread when I actually have some me time...lol

Last edited:

sleek98

Established Member
Solid numbers. I cant wait until I get brave enough to TT this thing. I loved my old single turbo imports back in high school so a TT mustang would be even better.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Great results Tanner. We are glad you are happy with the car and hope you enjoy it!!! Like always, call whenever anything is needed.

Cell or work

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
It def feels good and like the piece of mind that everything is safe. I'll prob only run costco gas for consistency. Yeah that 585pull was right after another pull. Also I'm thinking gain has a lot to do with torque delivery and peak torque. I realized on a pull where I was tuning the BC it made 555rwtq and 582hp. The gain setting was more aggressive on this pull. Duty cycle was a little higher and it over boosted because I kept a conservative over boost setting. That was a easy 600+ rwhp pull because BC solenoid kicked in around 5500rpm. I kept sensitivity pretty high too. Nannies were on red alert:p
Sounds good man! I'm sure once you mess with all that some more you'll be even happier..I won’t lie sometimes a manual boost controller just sounds easier.

Forgot about the altitude too, that definitely factors in…

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I agree and yes will be hitting the strip. I just have to get a few things sorted and I will be hitting the track.

So basically their boost numbers and my boost numbers were different. They teed a line off one of my BOV's and it went to their computer. Their computer said 6.0 when my BC said 4.7 on low boost. On high, mine said 7.0 and theirs said 8.0. I want to agree with mine because those numbers seem more in-line with everyone else's but idk.

idk if corrected or standard. I'll call Frankie on that tomorrow and the boost reading.

BBR off road X 3 inch, stock OAP and Corsa Extreme Axle back.

JPC send me some OAP's! lol

So you did NOT cut out the resonators on the OTA pipes? I think it said SAE. And you said your DA is 4000ft right? I mean honestly, 7.0-8.0 psi sounds about right with the 585whp. I'd bet with OTA pipes or at least removing those resonators, you'd get to close to 600whp. And if you went down to Sea level it wouuld probably make 640whp.

Torchy

Established Member
So you did NOT cut out the resonators on the OTA pipes? I think it said SAE. And you said your DA is 4000ft right? I mean honestly, 7.0-8.0 psi sounds about right with the 585whp. I'd bet with OTA pipes or at least removing those resonators, you'd get to close to 600whp. And if you went down to Sea level it wouuld probably make 640whp.

Yes completely stock OAP and yes I still have the resonators. Debating between JPC OAP's or just cutting out the stock ones. What size are the ends of JPC's pipes where they connect to axle backs? Stock size or are they made to fit 3inch axel backs?

Quick story, I hammered it today on the highway at 80mph in 4th gear and it spun if that tells you anything. It saw 7.0psi.
275 Nitto 555's not cutting it.

305MT 19inch MT drag radials are in my near future.

Torchy

Established Member
Sounds good man! I'm sure once you mess with all that some more you'll be even happier..I won’t lie sometimes a manual boost controller just sounds easier.

Forgot about the altitude too, that definitely factors in…
Yeah I'm not disappointed one bit. I few more changes on the boost controller and I can easily make more. Everything is set very conservatively on the BC. One pass it made 55rwtq more just by making a small change ont the Gain but it over boosted and BC solenoid nanny came on. That was leaving peak boost (aka duty cycle) the same.

It's a Go Fast Bits G-Force 2 boost controller.

I'm not going to play with the boost controller on the street. I'm going to wait and get back on the dyno in a few weeks and play with it again. I just want to be safe with everything and I know the settings I'm at right now are good. I could prob turn the gain up a little more to let boost come on faster but I'm going to wait. Lots of variables on this thing. I could see my self spending another 2-4 hours just tuning the BC leaving tune alone.

Torchy

Established Member
Great results Tanner. We are glad you are happy with the car and hope you enjoy it!!! Like always, call whenever anything is needed.

Cell or work

Hey thanks for all the help. I'll have to say that the tuner for Shelby was impresed with yall's tune. :beer:
Really glad I chose you guys for all my needs. You've helped me every step of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread