2013 Procharged boss. Loud tick started, what you think it is? (video inside)

5.0jake

Established Member
It will be covered under warranty because we have a mod friendly dealer. The drivers side head journals had pitting and some sort of unexplainable problem with them. Like some kind of factory defect. Car had factory oil and filter on it and was changed at 4000 miles. Car has just at 5000 on it now. No metal in the oil or oil filter. Head is getting warrantied by Ford and the passengers side is getting checked. Also throwing in TSS oil pump gears while I'm at it.

I have a mod friendly dealer as well. However, I always thought a Ford rep would be sent out to investigate whenever there was a major warranty claim to make the official decision regardless of how friendly the dealer was?

PIKE5.0

Established Member
As far as I know its all about what kind of system their on. If a dealer has a DI system, not shit they can do at the dealer level to make any call. Not many are without the DI now, but IIRC they can make dealer level decisions.

I unloaded on some nasty wheel hop, bent an axle. They poured over the whole car and ended giving me a new flywheel/clutch/axle bc it was a "drivetrain gremlin" lol. Still makes no sense to me, but it happened. at 12k miles. Car was slightly modded

konabluekiller

Established Member
Probably gonna just try to diagnose it myself by pulling the valve cover off. Unless there's metal in the oil I'll just fix it myself. If there's metal it'll be back stock and bring it to Ford. If I actually hurt the engine myself (broke rod, broke oil pump, something of that nature) I'd in cure responsibility, but in this instance I feel it would have happened regardless of modifications to the car.

rbrand9935

Established Member
I've had some ticking going on the passenger cylinder head. Noise is coming from the back and my check engine light is on. Sometimes I get a Bluish smoke upon start up and then it goes away. I was told I may have worn Valve Guides. Unfortunately for me, the whole Motor needs to come out to fix this. They are planning to do a leak down test to make sure its holding pressure. I'm afraid to ask what this is going to cost me. I have 90K on my 2003 Cobra with a Lysholm/Vortec 3.3 Blower. :shrug:

Sinful_5.0

Established Member
Glad it was something easy/cheap! I know you're running Kooks but anyone see a stock header gasket blow in FI applications? Wondering how common it is...

Riptide

Established Member
So you steth it, swear you got it nailed down to under a valve cover, and it turns out to be a header gasket.

WTF? Throw that steth away.

svt1111

Established Member
Well that explains why it quieted down when the car was warm!

Glad to hear that's all it was and that's a nice setup OP!

Users who are viewing this thread