2015 gt weight

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Who gives a crap if it weights 200lbs more or doesn't. Not one person on here is going to complain about it once they drive one vs a 14. they are different cars. If the 15 is slightly slower it will out corner and our comfort it... i didnt realize so many people on here were strip down road racers. Most of them are going to get blowers/ nitrous / CAI exhaust ect then see what they do a couple hundred pounds isnt going to hurt sales of this car nor will it deter or hinder Evolution / MMR/ Lethal ect from putting them in the 10's / 9's with ease.

Yea, I mean who doesn't want to drive around with a 200lb ghost passenger all the time?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Handling, based on the fact it's going IRS I would hope so.

Faster ? You do realize it's using the same motor right ? on what planet does a car increase 100+ lbs, power stays the same and it ends up faster ?
If the weight distribution is better, it could end up faster in the 1/4 mile even if its heavier.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Last I heard from ford was that the power bump isn't happening in 15? Regardless comparing an "average 14 GT" weight vs a an approximated Base 15 GT weight is a bit of a gimmick. 150-200+lbs increase is substantial in my opinion, especially considering ford initially pitched us a 200# weight decrease with an IRS which all of us were skeptical of. Personally, haven't owned an IRS performance ford vehicle that i've liked. We'll wait and see how these things test out with real world experience. Guys are having to weld axle tubes with 3k stalled launches on slicks(or 6k clutch dumps) Imagine what an IRS is going to do ?

I personally can't get into the exterior looks of the car. However, I'll stand on the ground that if you want to go through twisties get an IRS car if you want to go down a 1/4 mile get a solid axle. If you want to do both, stick with a solid axle.

cmsnake

Established Member
Who gives a crap if it weights 200lbs more or doesn't. Not one person on here is going to complain about it once they drive one vs a 14. they are different cars. If the 15 is slightly slower it will out corner and our comfort it... i didnt realize so many people on here were strip down road racers. Most of them are going to get blowers/ nitrous / CAI exhaust ect then see what they do a couple hundred pounds isnt going to hurt sales of this car nor will it deter or hinder Evolution / MMR/ Lethal ect from putting them in the 10's / 9's with ease.

Fat-cat

Fitting.

blackvette101

Established Member
Last edited:

rrg9946

Established Member
Last I heard from ford was that the power bump isn't happening in 15? Regardless comparing an "average 14 GT" weight vs a an approximated Base 15 GT weight is a bit of a gimmick. 150-200+lbs increase is substantial in my opinion, especially considering ford initially pitched us a 200# weight decrease with an IRS which all of us were skeptical of. Personally, haven't owned an IRS performance ford vehicle that i've liked. We'll wait and see how these things test out with real world experience. Guys are having to weld axle tubes with 3k stalled launches on slicks(or 6k clutch dumps) Imagine what an IRS is going to do ?

I personally can't get into the exterior looks of the car. However, I'll stand on the ground that if you want to go through twisties get an IRS car if you want to go down a 1/4 mile get a solid axle. If you want to do both, stick with a solid axle.

Have you seen the specs on the engine? I guess not. Better heads, more CFM, larger valves, larger and more aggresive cams, better intake, stiffer springs, and there is more. So I am not sure how you do not see there being a bump in power......

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Have you seen the specs on the engine? I guess not. Better heads, more CFM, larger valves, larger and more aggresive cams, better intake, stiffer springs, and there is more. So I am not sure how you do not see there being a bump in power......

Bingo!!!

O'Neill

Established Member
Ok, so its gained roughly 100lbs. No biggie. Just pretend you're driving around with your 100lb girlfriend. Besides, didnt someone from Ford say that the base 15GT was faster than the BOSS302? With that being said, im going to keep the same position ive had from the beginning. Im going to wait to make any comment on the car until its actually out on the streets, and in the hands of a capable driver, with some proper testing so we can see 1/4 mile, road course, braking, and over all times/numbers.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Handling, based on the fact it's going IRS I would hope so.

Faster ? You do realize it's using the same motor right ? on what planet does a car increase 100+ lbs, power stays the same and it ends up faster ?

100 lbs is really only like 10 hp to make up the difference in acceleration. Not a big deal at all. Honestly, at 100 lbs difference and samepower, you will not feel a ddifferent in acceleration.

I wish they would do a hot tt 6 eco. That would get my cash.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
the weight can never be accurate....a change in wheel choice will change it. Id imagine they use a base GT with zero options. in that case its <80lbs (if accurate) and all of the add ons will be the same as before so it shouldn't be much more than 80-100lbs heavier even comparing loaded 14 to a loaded 15. If it performs like they said it would, it won't matter.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
All the changes made to the new engine make it similar to the boss roadrunner 5.0. The quote I heard was in fact regarding the new Mustang GT track pack, was that it would be faster on the road course then the boss. Not the base GT. Somewhere I think that got a little confused.
For reference my 13 Boss weighs 3580 with a full tank....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread