2015 Mustang Blowfish Racing Manual Shifter Support Bracket Install Video

Steve@CJPP

[video=youtube;I678Ij5q2Eo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I678Ij5q2Eo[/video]

Blowfish Racing MSSB1 Mustang Shifter Support Bracket 2015

Today we are installing the Blowfish Racing manual shifter support bracket on our 2015 Mustang GT. The Blowfish bracket was extremely successful for the 11-14 Mustangs and now there is a version of the new 2015. Although Ford has made a few changes to the shifter and the manual transmission when compared to the previous generation, the new 2015 Mustang suffers from the same short comings that its outgoing predecessor suffered from. Blowfish Racing has stepped up once again to transform your 2015 V6, EcoBoost, or GT Mustang into a world class performer with help from their all-new manual shifter support bracket!

This bracket works with all stock and aftermarket shifters, includes all necessary hardware and installs easily with basic hand tools. once installed the shifter bracket works great, the GT shifts great and has a more solid feel with more accuracy.

For more 2015 Mustang parts available at CJ Pony Parts check out:
2015 Mustang Parts & Guide | Free shipping | CJ Pony Parts

Jmeo

Established Member
Hoping for no nvh then I'll get it. I'm going to try my hardest to keep this car as smooth and quiet as possible as I just want to enjoy this car for how refined it is. Did all these tricks on previous cars and without me realizing I took the enjoyment out of it some.

Dcrypter

Established Member
Hoping for no nvh then I'll get it. I'm going to try my hardest to keep this car as smooth and quiet as possible as I just want to enjoy this car for how refined it is. Did all these tricks on previous cars and without me realizing I took the enjoyment out of it some.

It's definitely going to add some nvh. Some people say it adds noise, some say vibration, some say nothing at all. Most likely it's a little of both(NV). That's all based on the 2014 version but they are nearly the same so I can't imagine the nvh difference between the two is much.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/blowfish...acket-gt-2011-2014-boss-302-2012-2013/p/MSSB/

Based on the reviews from the last one I am looking to get one of these and the whiteline bushing to go with the MGW shifter. It doesn't seem to be a lot of NVH with all three of those so that's my goal, as of now, for nice clean shifts.

qwikhuh

Established Member
The 2015 bracket is based off the new design for the 11-14. It uses small rubber isolators and with the stock shifter in our 2015 GT and Ecoboost there was absolutely NO additional NVH. I have driven both our company cars many times and when I get in my own personal 2015, which does not have a bracket yet, there is no difference in NVH, I can however feel a huge difference in feel between the two. The car just feels much more solid with the bracket. I will be trying a Barton in my car which is the only reason I have not gone with the Blowfish bracket yet.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The 2015 bracket is based off the new design for the 11-14. It uses small rubber isolators and with the stock shifter in our 2015 GT and Ecoboost there was absolutely NO additional NVH. I have driven both our company cars many times and when I get in my own personal 2015, which does not have a bracket yet, there is no difference in NVH, I can however feel a huge difference in feel between the two. The car just feels much more solid with the bracket. I will be trying a Barton in my car which is the only reason I have not gone with the Blowfish bracket yet.

Hey Bill. Since you brought up the new Barton, I can say that's why I was asking about Blowfish's patent. If they do indeed have a patent, or even an application that is under review but ultimately granted, it appears that Barton could very well violating it with their new design. Feel free to have Blowfish contact me if they need some help with their intellectual property. Hope you guys have a great New Year.:beer:

jdcobra

Established Member
Hey Bill. Since you brought up the new Barton, I can say that's why I was asking about Blowfish's patent. If they do indeed have a patent, or even an application that is under review but ultimately granted, it appears that Barton could very well violating it with their new design. Feel free to have Blowfish contact me if they need some help with their intellectual property. Hope you guys have a great New Year.:beer:

:lol:

olaosunt

Established Member
Will this work with the race spec MGW for the 2015?
I just installed he "race version" on my 12 that already had a first generation MGW.
Wow! What a difference .It reminds me of the way the MGW in my 2011 GT500 felt.

I got the race version cause I was not really worried about NVH( the car already shakes and rattles anyway) and was thinking I may upgrade the race spec later-it says on CJ website that the quieter "street version" is not compatible with the MGW race version for he 11-14.
So will this be compatible with the 2015 race version MGW?

jdcobra

Established Member
I just installed he "race version" on my 12 that already had a first generation MGW.

I got the race version cause I was not really worried about NVH( the car already shakes and rattles anyway) and was thinking I may upgrade the race spec later-it says on CJ website that the quieter "street version" is not compatible with the MGW race version for he 11-14.

If you check out the 1st draft video of the the new race spec George specifically states adding a blowfish bracket wouldn't help any since their new design is sturdy enough as is.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

No, it will not be compatible with the Race Spec. The final design of the 2015 MGW hasn't been released publicly yet. We should have it posted in the next day or so.

olaosunt

Established Member
No, it will not be compatible with the Race Spec. The final design of the 2015 MGW hasn't been released publicly yet. We should have it posted in the next day or so.
SID and Jdcobra

Thanks for the info.

Cant wait for the MGW for my 15 ( sorry don't mean to hijack the Blowfish bracket thread).

I should be able to reuse the stiffler drive shaft loop I took off the 12 on the 15.

I would guess there is no point in upgrading the MGW on the 12 to the race spec since I now have the blowfish bracket ...or is there?

Don't want overkill but I want to get every advantage I can as i try one more time to get in the 9's with the MT82 before my auto swap.

pufferfish

Established Member
travis, the design is currently patent pending and under review for a full patent. i cannot disclose at this point if barton is in violation of the patented content or if/when we will persue action, but it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to make the assertion barton is at least pushing it. i don't care what personal issues they had that stalled their 2012 solution. i solved the issue without them and got it to the market. they see how well it works, see their dusty shelf of parts and then try to get a piece of the action. they had an open door with me to collaborate (yes, we had talks about this), but my schedule didn't get us together soon enough, so they ran with it...plus some changes beyond what they showed me from their original design that bears a large resemblence to the blowfish bracket. oh well. life goes on.

i've got nothing bad to say about MGW or George's newest design. I think its clever, but myself and many others who have called me about it, believe the blowfish bracket coupled with the race spec would be anunbeatable combination. my opinion is that decoupling the shifter from the body is the last step in a no compromise shifting experience. it reduces the stress on the parts as well.

as for the noise complaints, they were based on the original design for the 2011-2014 model and made up roughly 15% of the customers who used the factory shifter box. we have been offering a retrofit kit to upgrade to the latest version directly through our site. MGW shifters never had the issue as the kit retained their rear isolating mount. We did recognize the need to revise it to isolate the frequency generated in the trans before it gets to the shifter. the "Street" version for the 2011-2014 and the 2015 version incorporate this design and will carry through to all future designs. the design gives the best compromise between box control and noise cancellation. you can still reliably do 2-3 no-lift shifts at 8k rpm with the street version. the original (now the "race") version just offers less side-to-side handle movement when in a gear.

noise aside, i have never gotten a complaint about its performance. in fact, i get LOTS of fan mail with some seriously profound improvement in shifting accuracy and feel. its a product design that makes sense to people and works just as they hoped it would. sure, there's at least one used kit for sale on any site at any given moment, but if you were able to get an honest answer from the seller, it wouldn't be because it didn't improve their shifting experience.

my personal 2011 gt utilizes the blowfish bracket with a stock shifter and i love it. throws and gate pitch is perfect and i powershift at 7800 with 100% success rate at the strip (good enough to drop .2 seconds from my et's with no other changes!). it has eliminated my misplaced gear selection on the road course as well as the street. this isn't snake oil or false hope...its a slam dunk!

olaosunt

Established Member
I could not agree more!.Love it !!....Here is more fan mail.lol

I have not noticed any additional noise.I can feel some vibration when I grip the shifter but that is how my GT500 felt and I think it just adds in a positive way to the overall driving experience.

Not sure if it is in my head but the car just feels more "solid" overall and I like driving my 12 again!

I am kicking myself for not doing it earlier(and especially before I spent money on a drive shaft loop).

so do you think there is way of making it work with the MGW race version on the 2015?

pufferfish

Established Member
i can't say one way or another as i have never had one in my hands and i'm not buying one to find out;) if someone showed up at my shop with one, i would certainly look into it.

what i know is that the box is deeper to bring the shift rod down so it is inline with the transmission shift rod. this interferes with the space the upper bracket sits in. lowering the upper bracket to clear might work, but i am concerned it may get too close to a 1-piece 4" driveshaft with the rear suspension completely compressed.

Users who are viewing this thread