2016 GT 350 GT 350 R confusion mis-information among Ford sales reps.

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
Hi All

The 2016 Gt 350 are on the showroom floors in So. Cal.

First thing I have learned is that the dealers have a $20-35k added premium on these.
(I didn't pay that on my new 14' 500. Not gonna do that here.)

Making these non "R" models around $95,000 plus tax. Includes gas guzzler tax of $1,300.

The other (almost more annoying) thing is that the Window Sticker for the GT 350 non "R" model, is that after the "GT 350" on the window sticker, is a trade mark symbol "R" (with a circle around it), according to the salesman "this is the "R" version, and stands for race. I pointed out that the "R" after the GT 350 was a registered trade mark to protect the name/phrase.

WOW.

If I was the sales manager at one of these dealers, I would have at least one guy that knows what this Mustang is. The guy looking at it might know what he's looking at.

Good luck to you guys that are early buyers.
See you on the track.

65sohc

Established Member
My son sold Subarus for two years. He said that one of the reasons manufacturers put badges on the rearends of cars is so that the salesmen know what model they are selling.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Car salesmen always know less about the cars I'm looking at than I do... They are salesmen... It's a job, not a lifestyle. It's sad....

mike.s

Established Member
Its frustrating, if a dealership is going to charge a premium for a car they should have their ducks in a row. The amount of misinformation and having my leg pulled by people that know so little about a car this important is inexcusable

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Used-Cars-trailer-still.jpg

Snoopy49

Established Member
When I bought my 13, the salesman told me that all the Shelby's were modified by Shelby in NV before they were delivered to the dealer. He just couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that they were built on the same assembly line as all the other Mustangs.

mike.s

Established Member
A local dealer I had contacted several weeks ago called me the other day to let me know they had two 350s in stock and I made an appointment to look at them, just to find out they had zero 350s in stock. That is just silly

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
When I bought my 13, the salesman told me that all the Shelby's were modified by Shelby in NV before they were delivered to the dealer. He just couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that they were built on the same assembly line as all the other Mustangs.

For all the Shelby GT and Shelby KR this was true. They were just expanding the truth a little. What's wrong with that?

Lemers

Established Member
808bc7cde108aaca43722058de65bf79.jpg

Salesmen seem to come and go. I am on the 3rd salesman since I started talking to my dealer about a GT350. I wonder who gets the commission? Not the first one, he was gone a month before the actual paperwork was started. Maybe the second guy, I placed the order and a non refundable deposit with him. Or hopefully this new guy will stick around long enough to see it delivered.

Anyways I walked away from one of the sales reps there because he tried to convince me that the GT also had adjustable suspension like the GT350.

I've realized I know more about the car I am shopping for than the salesmen who have a whole line to worry about (and the mustang isn't the most sold on the lot). But, I don't trust the salesman that doesn't know what he's talking about and gives me wrong info. A "I don't know, let's look it up" is much better to me.

Users who are viewing this thread