22" HD Rep Photos! FINALLY!!!! Tons of Pics!

N A Rush

Established Member
22s03.jpg

Who mounted the tires for you???

It looks to me like the mounted one correctly and didn't care about the other one.

Correct me I am wrong here, but I always thought the dot marked the heavy spot on the tire and it was to be placed 180* out from the valve stem for better balance and reduced weight to balance??? :poke:

BTW... looks awesome, especially like the blue accents showing thru!

Last edited:

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
Who mounted the tires for you???

It looks to me like the mounted one correctly and didn't care about the other one.

Correct me I am wrong here, but I always thought the dot marked the heavy spot on the tire and it was to be placed 180* out from the valve stem for better balance and reduced weight to balance??? :poke:

BTW... looks awesome, especially like the blue accents showing thru!

They were road force balanced, and done correctly this time. When my 20's were road force balanced, they only mounted them once and balanced them as they were mounted, so several tires have a good amount of weights. With the 22's, this place actually did it properly and mounted/dismounted till the minimal amounts of weights were needed, which is the big advantage of the roadforce machine. All of my 22's barely have any weights at all on them from finding that sweet spot.

I'm not sure what the yellow circle means on the tire, that may be the case, but if the rim itself isn't 100% balanced, it won't always be 180* out from the valve stem hole. This place did them right, and they ride uber smooth even with rubber bands up front.

N A Rush

Established Member
They were road force balanced, and done correctly this time. When my 20's were road force balanced, they only mounted them once and balanced them as they were mounted, so several tires have a good amount of weights. With the 22's, this place actually did it properly and mounted/dismounted till the minimal amounts of weights were needed, which is the big advantage of the roadforce machine. All of my 22's barely have any weights at all on them from finding that sweet spot.

I'm not sure what the yellow circle means on the tire, that may be the case, but if the rim itself isn't 100% balanced, it won't always be 180* out from the valve stem hole. This place did them right, and they ride uber smooth even with rubber bands up front.

Thats good news, did you have to watch them do it before they did it correct or did they remember you putting up a fuss last time???

I had heard about road force balancing but didnt know anything about it... so I spent some time researching it this morning. I had an idea very close to this 20 yrs ago when I was working at a goodyear shop at @ age 17. I was told that was a crazy idea and would only induce more vibrations.

Glad to see they did right by you this time! I wasnt tryin' to be nit-picky or anything, its just a pet peeve of mine like seeing the tire stickers left on a new tire and mounted on the car to drive away on. Its even worst when I see it on TV shows like Unique Whips or Wrecks to Riches. And these are suppose to be the best shop around??? :xpl:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Looks KICKASS!! Swapping out a big brake kit for track season isn't that much work. :poke: :poke: :beer:

I'll make you a GREAT deal on mine VVVVVVVV

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
Thats good news, did you have to watch them do it before they did it correct or did they remember you putting up a fuss last time???

I had heard about road force balancing but didnt know anything about it... so I spent some time researching it this morning. I had an idea very close to this 20 yrs ago when I was working at a goodyear shop at @ age 17. I was told that was a crazy idea and would only induce more vibrations.

Glad to see they did right by you this time! I wasnt tryin' to be nit-picky or anything, its just a pet peeve of mine like seeing the tire stickers left on a new tire and mounted on the car to drive away on. Its even worst when I see it on TV shows like Unique Whips or Wrecks to Riches. And these are suppose to be the best shop around??? :xpl:

I went to a different shop this time. The place I went to before stopped doing 22" tires for insurance reasons :? I had to drive through the GHETTO to this place, almost turned around because the area was getting way too shady and I wasn't too keen on taking my 22's to a tire shop there, but when I pulled up the place seemed okay and after talking with them I felt okay getting them done there. They actually wanted me to bring the truck back too once I got them mounted so they could set the pressure since they're nitrogen filled. I'm sure most places wouldn't give a rats azz :hh:

As for the stickers on the tires haha, I know a lot of other racers in 3/4 midget racing and FSAE racing and they always keep the stickers on the tires. It's cool to have "sticker tires" because you know they're brand new lol. Wears off in 10 seconds of driving anyway haha

Looks KICKASS!! Swapping out a big brake kit for track season isn't that much work. :poke: :poke: :beer:

I'll make you a GREAT deal on mine VVVVVVVV

haha yeah, but with only putting about 1K miles on the truck a year, its a bit more work than I want :rofl:

I'm getting another 00 HD for towing and more DD use, so once this truck goes towards more race use and less street use and ends up having bogarts on it more often than 22's, I'll probably swap the 22's to the other truck and throw a big brake kit on that one :D

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
Looks good...I think a 03 HD would be cooler towing it, though

nah can you imagine man, identical trucks going down the road lol. One with tags that say "HD JEKYLL" the others that say "HD HYDE" :lol:

A 02-03 would be easier since they're already supercharged, but I just can't get over the sexy curves of the 00 flareside. Plus it never made much sense to me, make it a crew cab and reduce the seating from 5 to 4. Yeah it seats 4 more comfortably, but for the amount i'd use the back seat, I'd rather have the capability to seat 5, and the more useful bed space of the bigger bed, especially for a tow rig.

I actually may end up buying that other 00 sooner than I thought. Found one in MINT shape for a pretty good price!

Users who are viewing this thread