26 Spine input shaft question????

micah2003svt

Banned
To those that have the 26 spline installed on your 03 cobra. Did any you experience difficulty getting the tranny to line up and fall into place when installing the tranny?

Last edited:

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
I didn't have any trouble,,,lined right up first try.

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
I used the 26spline shaft as my alignment tool.

3152.jpg

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
Hey, that looks like my car! I did the same thing since I couldn't find an alignment tool to fit. If anybody knows where I can get an alignment tool for this, I would appreciate it. Next time I don't want to have to pull the inputshaft out of the tranny to align the clutch.
One thing that helps when installing the tranny is to turn the output shaft slightly as you are pushing the tranny into position. You can use one of the drive shaft flange bolts (same threads) screwed into the end of the output shaft along with a wrench to do this easily.

micah2003svt

Banned
I just removed my tranny found a shattered throw-out bearing. When i installed the clustch i use the plastic tool it came with so im positive its lined up good. I'm on my way to ford to get another bearing and then i get to try put the tranny back in.... Thanks for the advicce on the out put shaft.

micah2003svt

Banned
Dam i changed the throw-out bearing and now the freeking clutch is very hard to push to the floor not to mention really short..Any suggestions?

redfire03 svt

Established Member
My 93 had this problem. I broke a clutch cable and when I installed the new adjustable cable and quadrant, I could not push it in at all. I re did everything and made sure to adjust the cable so the clutch grips right at the top, and eveything is good now.

Users who are viewing this thread