2nd gear from a dig?

01laser

Established Member
I have a stock 355 gear in an 01 cobra with full bolt ons and a 100shot at WOT..i was wondering if i should leave the line in 1st and float it to 2nd or just leave in 2nd at a high rpm? Can the stock rearend handle it, and what rpm should i blast off on if in 2nd? Any takers??

01laser said:
I have a stock 355 gear in an 01 cobra with full bolt ons and a 100shot at WOT..i was wondering if i should leave the line in 1st and float it to 2nd or just leave in 2nd at a high rpm? Can the stock rearend handle it, and what rpm should i blast off on if in 2nd? Any takers??

Launching in 2nd would be pretty hard on the clutch, I wouldn't reccommend doing that personally.

If you can't get reaction in 1st, try getting better/wider tires or launching at a lower RPM and feathering the throttle.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Domestic Demon said:
Launching in 2nd would be pretty hard on the clutch, I wouldn't reccommend doing that personally.

If you can't get reaction in 1st, try getting better/wider tires or launching at a lower RPM and feathering the throttle.
+1
Very hard on the clutch.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
01laser said:

Is that a stock 3.55 from another car that you put into an 01? The 99 and 01's have 3.27 gears from the factory.

VFOERSTER

Established Member
+1 to wear on clutch. Also you might get a decent reaction time but is it really worth risking damage to the clutch or the transmission? Just try some good tires and see what you can do.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I do my burn-outs in 2nd gear but I go back to first for the launch. As said above just get some wider/sticker tires and pratice launching.

shoaf85

Established Member
I would think harder on the clutch and more than likely slower than spining because of being in 2nd gear too long!

Users who are viewing this thread