2nd prod white 03 paint problem/other misc...

n0xlf

Established Member
Just got my white 03 (VIN 9371), and noticed that the rear bumper (particularly on the driver's side just back from the rear wheel) has quite a few orange/oil colored spots under the paint...Tried rubbing compound with no success...The little rear scoop think just back from the driver's door also has these spots...I'll grab a macro shot if that sounds too confusing...

Anyone with white or a lighter color (yellow maybe?) notice anything like this? Seems to only affect the plastic parts, as I don't have any of it on the painted surfaces...I don't know what the dealer will do about it, but I fear a paint mismatch if they want to replace the entire bumper and scoop thing...I won't let them repaint...Would rather live with it...

On a side note, no chrome wheels even though I never cancelled them off my order from March (my dealer didn't either - Ford did)...

Drivetrain clunk, just like everyone else..I suppose it will grow on me...

Haven't tested for vibration yet, and didn't notice any pulling, but only have 30 miles on it thus far...

I have the extra special high performance yellow coolant, which in turn makes me feel special too :p

SB 03

Established Member
I have the extra special high performance yellow coolant, which in turn makes me feel special too
?????
sorry to hear about the paint, but on the bright side, at least you have your beast, the waiting is over:beer:

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
I've got a white ragtop built the week of July 15th VIN 301760. Paint is absolutely perfect. Been over it a few times with cleaning and Zaino. No problems at all.

Sorry to hear about your issues. The dealer has to fix it. The bumber and side scoop can be removed for complete stripping and painting, which is the right way to do it.

Insist upon it!!

:gt:

Users who are viewing this thread