2nd run fo rmy L and 2.5 wins for it :)

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I took off tonight to fill up my tank (was at a 1/4 so I figured id cruise a little bit) so I throw on some ZZ Top and progress to enjoy my night out. Its a warm night tonight..not too hot (i think it was in the 80's tonight).
Well I am out on a street thats super long and super drawn out. There are very few side streets and you can get a good long blast with plenty of room..especially this time of night.
Well Im driving and see a set of headlights come flying up on me, shortly followed by a second pair. The first pair belonged to a good old "v-tech" powered integra and the second pair to a Tiburon GT..they were running each other. Well I just watched up till the Integra got up next to me and dumped a gear..this of course makes him sound like a pissed off weed whacker :loser:
I looked over and just said "screw it" and take my L outta OD. Upon hearing my truck come outta OD he punches his car and you immediatly hear his RPM's go through the friggin roof. I punch mine and just walk him like he was standing still and shut down soo after (short run). He runs up again and I slow down to around 30mph he dumps another gear...getting even louder. He punches it and stays even with me (not going anywhere) I mash the loud pedal and once again the result was the same..just much worse...I shut down again. Well he runs up again whistles at me I look over and hes got a huge smile on his face and gives me a thumbs up then drops behind me. Well I guess the Tiburon didnt like the Integra getting all the attention and proceeds to run a ricer fly by on me showing me his tail lights and dual grape fruit launchers. I didnt even bother to try and catch up I blew him off. Well he slowed down and I caught him around 45 (im still out of OD mind you) he lines up with me and doesnt even down shift..just punches it out flat. I follow suite and proceed to just bend him over...it wasnt pretty.
He runs up again to try and fly by and that was shut down quick this time...he got no where. This pisses him off and he just runs behind me. Well now during our little blast we passed a Z28. Well we are now on a 3 lane stretch of road and at a stop light none the less. The Z28 rolls up in the middle o fme and the Tib and gives a nice throaty rev. I stall my stock converter (not much of a stall ha ha) and when the light goes greens I just punch it..the Z28 is spinning his tires next to me and the Tib is just a spec in the mirror. I put about 5 cars on the Z28 pretty quick..to me it looke dlike he shut down..so hes my .5 of a win LOL.
Ive never run an F-body before..and im kinda scared to do so. My brother wants to put his LT-1 powered Formula Firebird against my truck stating he'll beat me since im pretyt much stock. While hes done a few basic mods..only things I can think of off hand are a Hypertech tune,160* t-stat,cat back,t-body bypass(?) CAI. All Ive got is a C&L Elbow, a MAF that I cant find any info on and a CAI..half ass (going a JLP box soon)
but if that Z28 was any indication of what my brothers car will do..I dont think Ill be worrying too much :)
Now my truck has a full tank of gas Ive got a Whataburger double meat with bacon and cheese with a side of fires and Im a happy camper :)
I just dont get whats with the ricers thinking they will even remotely hang with this truck...hell my 91GT walked most of the imports I ran against...and my car got walked horribly by a L. I just wanna know what runs through these guys heads? At least the integra gave me a thumbs up that was cool :)

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
dual grape fruit launchers... ha ha ha!!!

Nice kills. Sounds like you had a blast.

side note, some little ricers just wanna see you get on it. It's like a child in the back seat of mommy car that want you to rev at a light, or for a semi to blow a horn. It's just kewl. lol

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
HalfTime said:
dual grape fruit launchers... ha ha ha!!!

Nice kills. Sounds like you had a blast.

side note, some little ricers just wanna see you get on it. It's like a child in the back seat of mommy car that want you to rev at a light, or for a semi to blow a horn. It's just kewl. lol

Yes grape fruit launchers :)
I had a bunch of fun, I was pretty much just burning gas for no real reason enjoying my evening. If I had been anywhere else but this street I wouldnt have even bothered with either guy. Im still super paranoid about being hit after my last run in with a jack ass who ran a stop sign :(

But I guess I can see your point at just wanting to hear/see something really neat. I always try and get the semi's to let off with their horns ha ha.

mav_tu

Established Member
HalfTime said:
It's like a child in the back seat of mommy car that want you to rev at a light, or for a semi to blow a horn.
I think that's about it. I had two identical 03/04 ish eclipse's pull up to me and start revving. I can't even bring myself to race something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread