3.0 vs. 3.2

love bandit2

Established Member
Is there REALLY a big power advange with the 3.2? Cause with my experience with sho's the 3.0 MTX's would always KILL 3.2 ATX's. But then again my friends SHO was a factory freak I think... It was nose to nose with a 94(?) viper up to 40 MPH... its was amazing. You should have seen the look on that guys face when he saw a taurus keeping up with him.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
depends, if your going to compare a STOCK 3.0L MTX v a STOCK 3.2 ATX then here's my input

If you put the same driver in each car, the 3.0L MTX should win in the 1320. There are a few freak ATXs out there that will hang and/or beat the MTX.

My 93 ATX was undefeated vs the MTXs out there.

Now, just like with any manual car, if you put a sub-par driver in the MTX and run it agains the ATX, the ATX will/should win. The SHOs 1/4 time are very broad. Why? Drivers. I personally seen a STOCK 92 SHO run a 14.7 @ 95mph. There are also many high 15 second MTX SHOs out there as well.

Now....

If you are referring to putting the 3.2L in the place of the 3.0L with the 3.0L cams, the biggest thing you will gain is torque (just like anything with adding displacement).

For alot of people who are not educated in the SHO, they don't believe its power from a roll. From a roll it can hang with a multitude of cars that are NEW today. (And to think the SHO is now 14 years old). I've personally stayed right next to a LT1 Z28, and have heard numerous encounters of people PULLING on them. I've also had a Cobra (SN-95 Type and unsure of year) BARELY pull on me. From a stop, I would have gotten beat considerably by each car, thats why I normally won't race from a stop ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread