30/30/30 Rule

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
This is used over at the Sternfannetwork and I wonder if a spin on the idea would work to keep spammers off. Spammers only kinda bother me, but when they peddle spyware it pisses me off. The exact rule wouldn't be appropriate, but maybe if modified it could.

SternFanNetwork said:
If you want access, first you have to register using a valid email address. Registration is free and easy. Your email is never given out to anyone and we hardly ever send out mail. Everyone starts out as a Jr member. This lets you read & reply in all of the open forums, but not the "Member Only Forums". Your SFN status has to be higher than "Jr Member". Full Member, Senior Member, SFN Supporter, SFN VIP, & SFN Staff all have access.

The 30/30/30 rule: To graduate from Jr Member to Full Member you have to have been here for a minimum of 1 month and made a minimum of 30 replies. Thats one post a day for 30 days. You can make 30 posts in 1 day but you'll still have to wait until the 30 days are up. Your account is limited as a jr member. You can only make replies. You can not start new threads. Also after you make a reply, you won't be able to make another one for 30 minutes. Limiting the jr members this way really cuts down on the SPAM and makes it easy for us to weed out the assholes before they shit up the whole board.

So just sit back and enjoy the site. Once you've made 30 replies and 30 days have past, your account will automatically be upgaded. There is nothing more you need to do. Don't get pissed that you can't post nonstop. Read the site, see how it opperates and occationally make a reply. A month later you'll be one of us.

If you are in some way affiliated with the Stern Show, Sirius, or HSOD have one of the known VIPs let me know who you are and I'll upgrade your account to SFN VIP.

Alternately, to graduate straight to SFN Supporter. Read this for information. All help is greatly appreciated.

Making 30 crap replies just to get your post count up will aggravate everyone including the staff. Aggravating the staff, might just get you banned from the site. You have a whole month to make those posts, so why not actually say something about the show.

It's all about getting the members to contribute instead of just lurking. The more of you that contribute, the better the entire site is for the group.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That would hamper new members and encourage spammers to post in existing threads. I thought about the same thing, but I don't think it will work in the current SVTP structure.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
:bash:

It's a SUGGESTION.

Okay then, terrible SUGGESTION! :burn: :bash: :poke: :poke:

;-) :lol: :D :rockon:

Seriously though, I thought it was a nice idea. It has a lot of plusses (might encourage some to actually use the search button) but I do see where it could hamper new members who are already forum savy.

Unfortunately, I thinks its just the nature of the beast.

Spammers, it's just one more responsibility for the mods.

Stewart

Users who are viewing this thread