347 solid roller dyno results

danimal 95

Established Member
Any body out there have any dyno results on a 347 high compression solid roller motor including max rpm?

danimal 95

Established Member
Just for your knowledge I have already dyno'd the car and it is higher than an 03 cobra by a fairly large margin and I am currently changing cams that will give the car even more of a margin . Also I have dyno'd several 03 cobras so I am familiar with the #s and how the cars perform . Remember dyno #s arent everything !

danimal 95

Established Member
A 347 is a bored & stroked 5.0L block With a mismatched cam in the car it dyno'd 456 hp and 441 ft\lbs to the wheels @ 6550 rpm which is a way low rpm hense the reason for the cam change To date the car has run 11.44 @123 mph w\a 1.98 60' on nittos With the cam change done I am hoping for 475 hp 500 lb\ft and a 7800 rpm redline once all that is straightened out I have a 2 stage NOS kit on the car set up for 250hp Wanting 10's on motor 9's on the bottle with the air on & cd player cranked

blackLS1

Established Member
I would be interested in these numbers.I was talking with some of my mustang friends about htis motor.We don't know anyone who has one.

Sax1031

Established Member
Me and my dad put togther a 347 solid roller a4 block motor. It made like 502rwhp at around 6000rpms, in my car before we sold the motor. It ran mid-to-high 10s@~127-128mph. Don't ask me about all the internals, I am not sure. My father use to own a machine shop so we do all the motor work ourselves. We sold the motor to a guy that now runs like a 300 shot of gas on it.

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
That's good rwhp for a 347, especially if it's N/A and street driven, or even streetable for that matter.

danimal 95

Established Member
I havent read this post in a long time but after further reveive I realized i posted hp #'s for my old combo on spray ,sorry about that the correct #'s are 417hp 425 ft\lbs still not bad but this years combo like I stated before should be i the 475 hp range I'll know in a couple of weeks when i get my intake back from getting injector bungs welded on and back on the dyno at my work and I do drive the car every day in the summer when its nice out which is a 100 mile round trip!! I'm just curious about other peoples dyno #'s for a similar stroker to see if mine is in the ball park.Once again sorry for the bum info on my hp #'s previously stated:burnout:

Sax1031

Established Member
NoSVT's4me- It was not driven on the street. It was a big(lift) cam and 11.5.1-12.1 Compression with afr heads(ported to the max). Was never drove on the street, just around 10 runs at the track.

Users who are viewing this thread