4:10 gears....

XLR8-R

Established Member
Stock gears in mine, but may go to 4.10s eventually. I'm not in the habit of driving 170+ mph, although it might still be possible, just in sixth instead of fifth.

Carter

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by 1Fast R
Hey, do most of you 00R owners have 4:10s or the stock gears, Hubby wants to know?

Vicki & Bill

Vicki,
Most are running stock gears. JoeJ has switched to 4:10's and Andy has switched to 3:73's.

I have thought about making the move to 3:73's but have decided to leave it alone, at least for now.

Brian

Andy M

Established Member
Vicki:

As Brian mentioned, I have swapped my 3.55s in favor of 3.73s, and I like 'em!! Acceleration out of the corners at the track is noticably stronger, but you retain most of the top end. I think which gears you go with (or even IF you change them at all??) depends on what you are planning to do with the car?? If you plan NO track events at all (just street driving)??, I would probably just leave the stock gears in....unless of course you wish to terrorize all of the guys on the street in hopped up Camaros? in which case I would get some 4.10s!

I find that for the mix of both street driving and track driving I do with my R, the 3.73 gears were a very good choice.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I think the 3.73's are a good fit....I'm going with them, but probably doing the bassani exhaust 1st....thats my xmas present to me :D :D :D :D :D

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by NJ2000R
I think the 3.73's are a good fit....I'm going with them, but probably doing the bassani exhaust 1st....thats my xmas present to me :D :D :D :D :D
Ken,

You will LOVE the Bassani exhaust!!!! I have the street legal CATs and the hiflow CAT-back...and it sounds incredible!!!! You won't believe how good it sounds? Get ready to break some windows! ;-)

here is a pic of the tips only... whew! they look great on the car!!!

BV82366.jpg

Last edited:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
andy,
having trouble seeing those pics....maybe its my network? anyhow....who did ya get your bassani system from? I'm going to call houston performance, since i'm an scmc member, i should be able to get the group purchase discount....do you have a phone # and a contact for them? thanks!

kevin

andy,
having trouble seeing those pics....maybe its my network? anyhow....who did ya get your bassani system from? I'm going to call houston performance, since i'm an scmc member, i should be able to get the group purchase discount....do you have a phone # and a contact for them? thanks!

part of the problem you might have seeing the pics is that they are huge.

andy, ya might want to scale them back in size to about half of what ya got them at currently

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
I'm going to call houston performance, since i'm an scmc member, i should be able to get the group purchase discount....do you have a phone # and a contact for them? thanks!

Just call Steve at 281 893-6080. He'll help you out.:coolman:

Andy M

Established Member
andy,
Sorry about the huge pics... I will edit them down to a viewable area and repost later today.

btw: I got my Bassani exhaust at Houston Performance. They also installed it.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
Sorry about the huge pics... I will edit them down to a viewable area and repost later today.

btw: I got my Bassani exhaust at Houston Performance. They also installed it.

Thanks! I just got off the phone with steve...placed my order...so, once that comes in, I'm all set to install the IRS brace from Paul's Performance and the nice LOUD bassani exhaust :coolman: :coolman: :coolman: :coolman: :coolman:

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
i'm putting 3:73's in this winter.

a compromise for track use. long tracks - keep some top end. short tracks - get some get up and go

Hey Kevin, just in case you missed the announcement. You can order the 3.73s from Houston Performance now. The $159 SCMC price is as cheap as your gonna find. The offer is for this month only.:D

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
thanks for the pics, andy....looks sweet....nice high polish on those tips! all I need now is to get my buddy to let me use his lift for the day.... :D :D :D :D :D

kevin

Originally posted by Dean95CobraR

Hey Kevin, just in case you missed the announcement. You can order the 3.73s from Houston Performance now. The $159 SCMC price is as cheap as your gonna find. The offer is for this month only.:D

did it today. sent ya an email.

thanks for remembering

Users who are viewing this thread