4.10's with a SC cobra?

96mystic

Wannabe postslut
Established Member
Clicky

I posted this forum over in the 95sn forum.. toatally forgot about the blowerbistro..... hopefully you guys here can help me out a little...

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Well I have 4:10's and an S/C. I think they are perfectly fine. You will have traction problems with any gear you use. When you are under normal driving conditions the S/C is in vacume so it's no different than drving your car now, except that whistle the blower gives off.;-) When the car is under boost it is useless in first and second gear, even at half throttle. In third gear I can bust the tires loose at 55-60 mph. I will be installing a set of 315/35/17 Nitto DR's this weekend in hopes to get a bit more traction on the street under boost. Hopefully it will make a huge improvement.

Razor.:beer:

stradt03

Established Member
Razor, I have the 315 nittos, i don't have QUITE as much power as you (464/401) but they make a HUGE difference. I went from BFG G-Froce 275s and they spun like crazy, the nittos will only break loose for a moment before they hook and you're off like a raped ape

Jason

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Originally posted by stradt14
Razor, I have the 315 nittos, i don't have QUITE as much power as you (464/401) but they make a HUGE difference. I went from BFG G-Froce 275s and they spun like crazy, the nittos will only break loose for a moment before they hook and you're off like a raped ape

Jason

That's good to hear. I got my new wheels and Nitto dr's put on last night, but it was raining like crazy so I haven't had a chance to test them yet. It's raining here again today too so any chance of driving my car looks slim. I can say they look very bad ass stuffed up under the car though. I couldn't be happier with the way it looks now.:thumbsup:

Razor.

Here is a very poor picture I took of it in the rain yesterday.:(

99cobrajms

Established Member
4.10s and S/C is what I run, great combo, but I got to run my NITTO 275s on the rear, my 245s (KDWS) are spin city.

John

BlackCobra96

I've got that combo too. You've got to have good rubber if you want to pull it off when racing from a stop. As far as cruising around town, 4.10's are great. On the highway, if you drive fast like I do, you'd almost wish you had 6th gear.

Users who are viewing this thread