$42,000 for what???

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Originally posted by OKC03Cobra
Rumour is that the 05 L will have 500hp and cost $40k.

Originally posted by SVTman75
No Lightning in 05....gotta wait til 06. Good news is that the 06 will be out probably in late 05. No SVT's will be made available in 05.

SVTman is right.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Silverstrike
Ran onto an SSR today no joke had 30 day tags the whole 9 yards so its out. If you don't know it the SSR is the 50 retro Convertable Truck Chevy is introducing this Summer. But the tool paid $42,000 and only has 290 HP and around 325/350 Ft LBS. TQ
But against even a stock L its no contest. As it huffs around 5300 LBS. of dead weight. Was at a light when it pulled beside first thought was a custom 53 but way to low and no roof. Then light changed and I was off can't let an opertunity like this go. It was real bad wish GM would of brought out the 330 HP that the concept had as it just was like picking on a defensless rabbit put a Greyhound bus length by 60 MPH and it would of been 2 by 100 MPH. Pulled into a Gas station and looked over both vehicles. The interior is not bad in fact its slightly more up scale over the L . The 5.3L engine like I said earlier needs more than the 290 HP it has.
The beds really just a cosmetic enhancement I think max payload is around 900 LBS. But here again GM makes a mockery of the SS name.:rollseyes So another victim for the Lightnings to pick on.
It was only interisting as I didn't run into one until now and was wondering just how effective they were, Now I can say no contest.:lol1: :lol1:

5300lbs? Good lord, wouldnt that truck be concidered a mid sized truck too?

Edit: ooh, I forgot about it being a convertible.

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
From what I know about em, they run low 16's in the quarter and trap in the mid 80's. (which would make the SSR a full second slower than the Dakota R/T.) You'ed probably get a better run from a Chevy Xtreme in a Lightning than the SSR. Hell, my R/T stock would make that thing look sick, let alone with my mild mods and R/T's are exactly what most here would concider blazing fast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread