5.0 tuning

02b4ccamaro

Established Member
I know w/the ability to change to cam timing is the reason they are getting the great dyno numbers out of the new 5.0, but how much can you change? Is it + or - 5 degrees each way pre cam, can you mess with the timing though out the rpm range or set by the load on the engine? Ive searched and searched and cant find a thing. Does anyone have any insight on this.

Jonnyslick

Established Member
iam not sure of the exact numbers but i do know that the most well known tuners are being a little more conservative with their tunes until they really get the hang of this motor and the dreaded #8.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The TI-VCT changes are really only affected at part throttle operation. Once you achieve WOT (at least in stock form) the cams lock in to their optimal position for power generation. I doubt many tuners are exploring much further than that. Maybe a tweak or two here in the cam timing.

Now when you're talking about aftermarket cams, the ability to tune this stuff is really going to shine.

02b4ccamaro

Established Member
I find that hard to believe because if you advance then retard your cam timing you are essentially making a cam with more duration, so why wouldnt it adjust them though the entire rpm range.

Users who are viewing this thread