#6 Lower Question?

Daniels2386

Stylin' & Profilin'
Established Member
Got the #6 lower on its way in the mail along with some other stuff I need. My question is will my truck be ok to drive like an hr up to Tulsa, because that is where the nearest dyno place is. Im fixing to get the custom tune from Rick @ Amazon. So should I get all the parts installed hook up the tune, program the tune in and THEN take it to get dyno'd. Any help in the steps I should do this is would be appreciated! Thanks

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
you could probably do it as long as you stay off the loud pedal. however me being the paranoid person I am. Id get the tune loaded first then take the drive.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Are you swapping the MAF? Cause I've heard guys can't even get the truck running without being tuned for it.... and it's a good idea to have with a 6lber

SADF

Established Member
You should be fine nursing it. I bought a tuner from RWTD w/ there tunes in it and just loaded one of their 17 degree tunes on my truck. I wanted to be safe and had no idea Amazon was so close so I drove a couple of months later and got a real dyno tune. I would have saved a whole lot more if I would have just went to Amazon in the first place (not to take anything away from RWTD, they had wonderful service and I originally wanted to drive to them, but Rick is tha MAN!)

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
contact us to set up a remote tuning session.. if the dyno shop has internet connection you can datalog the runs when send them to Rick and he can send revisions back to you if they are needed..

of were you planning to come up to the tuning day event they are planning?

Daniels2386

Stylin' & Profilin'
Established Member
The motor is stock and yes I ordered the 90mm replacement MAF. Im about to call rick and just order the tuner over the phone and I will just ask him about being able to drive it to the dyno place.

Users who are viewing this thread