6 Speed Kit in 93 Cobra?

JParm93

Established Member
Supercharger and a 6 Speed Kit in 93 Cobra?

I am planning on adding a supercharger to my car, any info. or expieriences would be appreciated. Which brings me to my next question I am wondering if anyone has done the D&D Performance 6 speed kit(www.ddperformance.com)? If so how was the swap easy or hard and how long did it take? Open to any other 6 speed swap info..

Last edited:

93cobra777

Established Member
i dont know but you have good taste, one for the fox cobra and other brownie points for a blower and a 6 speed to go along w/ it. God bless you

'93#3989

Established Member
You will need a new clutch and a new driveshaft. DD Performance does have a kit available to install in your car. When looking for a clutch you can look for Camaro/Firebird clutch kits as these use the same spline shaft. The kit from DD has a new trans. mount, driveshaft, and speedo gear line(needs to be longer due to different position on trans).

When I did mine I used the McLeod dual disc clutch, but there other less costly options. I think the McLeod was ~$700 out of Summit.

You'll also have to figure how you will handle the reverse lock out that is on this trans.

Last edited:

'93#3989

Established Member
The Tremec is a much less costly alternative.

Another option to consider, perhaps, is waiting and getting one out of a wrecked '03 Cobra and see how hard it would be to retro-fit. Obviously, this would require a new bell housing, but perhaps you could find the trans for a better price.

The Camaro/Firebird and the 'Vette are much too different to consider doing something like this, but you may luck out on the '03 Cobra. It would take some research to fully determine compatibility.

Users who are viewing this thread