'60 ft times suck, mph says HP is there

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
I am going to have to abuse the clutch to get my '60 ft down under 2 seconds. I have Nitto 315/35/17 DR's and that didn't help at all.

I got a 2.19 right after the VHT went down, but I wrote it off to a new track surface. I thought it would be quicker. Oh well, the fun is in trying to get it right.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Those are not bad 60's, just more practice in order for them to drop some more. BTW what was your tire pressure at ?

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
18 at Famoso (forgot the air pump) 16 at Carlsbad. Anyone with experience at Carlsbad will know what it was like. You can't beat a mid 60 degree, sunshiney day at 200 ft elevation for horsepower, though;-)

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
18 at Famoso (forgot the air pump) 16 at Carlsbad. Anyone with experience at Carlsbad will know what it was like. You can't beat a mid 60 degree, sunshiney day at 200 ft elevation for horsepower, though;-)

Yeah I know what you mean about C-Bad, they need to learn what VHT is though. How long of a burnout are you doing, maybe your not getting the tires hot enough.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Nasty,

I wish I had a vid. I rolled out of the waterbox, wound it up and dropped it hard in second. Big cloud of smoke. But Famoso had the surface ground over the winter. In Tech, they told us two cars had found the wall the day before.

At C-Bad, it was months of no use, a doubtful future follwed by torrential rain two days before we ran for the first time. No Rubber down, the track was damp and I had the car break loose again at the top of first. Then second spun, and it danced in third a little too.

The slip I posted was the last run I made that day. A guy blew the motor on his super comp car, then crossed lanes and oiled down both of them in the middle of the lane. I threw in the towel at that point. You'd think a guy with a pro license would know better:bash:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread