$63.20 for a Trans filter?

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Called my local dealer (I mean the one just down the block) for a trans filter so i can install the VB this weekend. They want $63.20 for it. Chickenears wants $20 for the same part number FA-113. Autozone and everyone else is about $23. Does the Motorcraft one come with a gnome that constantly monitors your fluid or what? Why is it so friggin expensive from the dealer, it's a damn filter. I'd perfer having the Motorcraft one but hell not if it's going to cost me as much as a fluid exchange. Is this the going price for dealers?

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
TucsonPred said:
Called my local dealer (I mean the one just down the block) for a trans filter so i can install the VB this weekend. They want $63.20 for it. Chickenears wants $20 for the same part number FA-113. Autozone and everyone else is about $23. Does the Motorcraft one come with a gnome that constantly monitors your fluid or what? Why is it so friggin expensive from the dealer, it's a damn filter. I'd perfer having the Motorcraft one but hell not if it's going to cost me as much as a fluid exchange. Is this the going price for dealers?

i got mine from Napa... Ford likes to rape you!

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
I'm not saying I want to put the cheapest in. I thin kI could pee in it and still have it drive but I don't understand where Ford gets off charging $40 more for the same part. that's 300% more if you use my shitty math :)

Users who are viewing this thread