$660.00 later......!!!

NewYorkBolt

Established Member
Well, my lightning wasnt running right so i brought it to Ford and it turns out that my chip went bad or it had a bad tune. They had to replace my spark plugs, wires and ignition coil. The also had to re-tune my truck back to stock, so now i am running all my mods with no chip- hich probably isnt good considering i have a 6# pulley. Hopefully I will be able to go back to JDM and try this again. I never raced the truck, so i guess i just have bad luck.

speeder

Established Member
Our trucks don`t have plug wires, did they replace all 8 coils?, be very carefull with that 6lb pulley and no chip. good luck.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Hopefully get to a tuner and I would never go back to that dealer. Sorry to hear about what happened.

99RedSVT

Established Member
WOW they bend u over ur truck and rapped u..I cant beleive dealers charge so much to do such little work...BUt atleast she is running better now..

SNKBITE

Established Member
No offense, but I believe your dealer HOSED you.
What did they use to diagnose the truck that lead them to believe you had a bad program on the chip? Who's chip was it?
You should have consulted with whoever provided the chip before going to the dealer. Did they data-log the truck before they started changing everything? The only TUNING they had to do was to remove the chip from the PCM.
99.9% of the dealers do not have a clue about after market chips and their performance.
I feel for you brother....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread