68 Style Shelby gt500 Race Car Factory Hood

VortechMustang

Established Member
Cost me about $1000 shipped total for me (1500 with paint) and it's been on the car for about 3 months painted black. It's a gorgeous and fully-functioning hood. I'm selling it because I've picked up a sponsorship from Trufiber. I'm looking to sell it for 800 dollars and it's going to cost between $130-175 to ship. Btw, I live in Socal if anyone wants to arrange a pick-up. Just putting a feeler out there!

Here's a link to the manufacturer's website:
http://www.theracecarfactory.com/html/mustang_fiberglass.html

Some pictures of my car:
78591779.jpg

5b74de09.jpg

5b8bdeb9.jpg

Hand Laid

* American Made 1967 Replica Performance Hood w/rear heat extractors
* Old School Styling with New Wave Technology
* Road Tested up to 160 MPH
* A 2 Panel Hood with a Show Quality Finish on both Inner and Outer Surfaces

* Very Minimal Preperation needed before painting.

Why buy a lessor quality fiberglass hood? Then spend hundreds of dollars in prep work before painting?Hood mounts at the stock location with metal reinforcement at all mounting and latching locations.
* Extracts under hood heat and introduces cool fresh air through the front hood openings into the induction stream by special internal channels designed between the inner and outer layers of the hood.
* RCF also offers a complete installation of the GT500 Front Fascia, which is needed to be fitted, when using the RCF High Performance Model #68 or #67 Hood on a 2005-07 Mustang GT and V-6 Car.
“ The production hood is pretty uninteresting. While functional for ducting air out from the engine compartment, which aids in aerodynamics, the hood grilles just sit there like an afterthought. If your going to call something “ GT500 ” use a ‘68- style Shelby hood with forward-facing scoops at the leading edge of the nose and make them functional to boost horsepower. Then add air extractors somewhere else on the hood, again ‘ a la the ‘68 Shelby.”
Quoted from Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine August 2006 Vol.19 No.8

Users who are viewing this thread