7/15 Build

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
I've noticed a few signatures with an order to be built on 7/15. Mine is scheduled for that date also. Any concerns for a build on the first Monday after the factory's two week shutdown???

92LX5.0

Established Member
haha, come on man. cant be any worse than how theyre building them already. well, maybe not. im sure there will be alot of hungover techs building our cars :beer:

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
I'm pretty sure 7/15 build means the week of 7/15.

The dealer told me mine will be built the week of 7/15.

EasyMoney

Established Member
i think that is the week mine is to be built but not sure has been changed 3 times .ordered in early feb. mine is a torch red coupe

lethal

Established Member
Not to post off topic, but are you suggesting that the first run is done and that they are on break now? Just curious.

EasyMoney

Established Member
i hope the first run is not done because no torch red in second run i have a vin # that i have had since2/18

lethal

Established Member
Well, I thought they would do the first run, break (retool) and then back in August -- and if you have a VIN from February I'm sure your part of run #1!

Congrats and good luck.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Petzuk

My black coupe is due to be built on the 15th as well. I dont look at it as a detriment to be built after shutdown....as a matter of fact...I think it may have some positive points. The assembly line personnel should be well rested and comfortably cool as compared to some of the HOT ass weather we have had the past couple weeks...and...the shutdown allows for line, assembly, and QC tweeking. Just my spin on the issue...I have no other choice but to be positive!!!!:burnout:

BTW...My Ford Bud is working on gettin me in the DAP to watch the build next week...Im flippin geeked!!!:D

lugnut

Established Member
Build Date pushed back

I just called VOPC on the way to a clients site.

The scheduled build date that I had of 7/15 for the last several weeks has been pushed back to 7/22.

Maybe it's a good thing... Perhaps it'll give the UAW guys enough time to get back in the groove following their vacation!

:beer:

Anyway, I can't complain. Been waiting since February (actually put my deposit down in May ;-) ). At least I now have an ETA of 7/29.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if that gets slid back too.

JB

mosconiac

Established Member
I have a build week of 7/15 as well.

Hmmmmm. Does seem to be a lot of Cobras scheduled for this week. Good luck, guys & gals.

Mosconiac

rotorhed

Established Member
Finally got a build date of 7/29 after a month of "submitted-not scheduled". woo-hoo.... (I hope) #2881

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Re: Build Date pushed back

Originally posted by lugnut
I just called VOPC on the way to a clients site.

The scheduled build date that I had of 7/15 for the last several weeks has been pushed back to 7/22.

Maybe it's a good thing... Perhaps it'll give the UAW guys enough time to get back in the groove following their vacation!

:beer:

Anyway, I can't complain. Been waiting since February (actually put my deposit down in May ;-) ). At least I now have an ETA of 7/29.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if that gets slid back too.

JB

Well I hope yours dosn't get pushed back.. I have a 7/22 build date as well.. lets see how long it takes to get here(seattle) as long as it's built on time.. and I ordered mine 2 Feb(I know paperwork didn't go in till 7 Feb)..

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Originally posted by Snakebite
Petzuk

My black coupe is due to be built on the 15th as well. I dont look at it as a detriment to be built after shutdown....as a matter of fact...I think it may have some positive points. The assembly line personnel should be well rested and comfortably cool as compared to some of the HOT ass weather we have had the past couple weeks...and...the shutdown allows for line, assembly, and QC tweeking. Just my spin on the issue...I have no other choice but to be positive!!!!:burnout:

BTW...My Ford Bud is working on gettin me in the DAP to watch the build next week...Im flippin geeked!!!:D

I like your spin on the shutdown.... Well rested and cool instead of pissed being back to work.... Are Ford builders happy with their last contract?

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Bro...in this town...these days...if you are working...you are happy you are working!!!

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by trex
i think that is the week mine is to be built but not sure has been changed 3 times .ordered in early feb. mine is a torch red coupe

I hear ya - orederd 2/15 and have VIN of 2110, build week 7/15. I believe that is part of the first run - they shut down the factory for two weeks every year for vacations, plant maintenance, etc.

So, in the 5.5 months since I ordered I have run through this scenario:

1) The workers are coming off vacation, and are tanned, rested, and ready to do Quality is Job 1 work.

2) The workers are pissed that they are coming off vacation and will take it out on everyone and everything (read your car) that comes near them

3) The workers are hung over from the last binge of vacation and are too numbed by hangovers and Tylenol to care a good damn about anything.

Who knows - I just hope the assemblers are having a good day the day my Min Greay Snake slithers down the line - and no fouling the CATS, if you please.

Users who are viewing this thread