7.3PSD question

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
A friend was telling me today that I can run used motor oil with a combination of diesel in the 7.3's for fuel?? Is there any truth to this or is he just ****ing with me?

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I have heard of guys running filtered used trans fluid mixed with diesel fuel. I would not want to get caught running it however. EPA will hook you up with a big fine.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Know guys that do this, but it's done through home built bio-diesel setups to properly filter. Be warned the exhaust will smell like a tugboat. :lol:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
You could technically run just about anything that will burn, the question is how long until it gums up the fuel system.

Formula93

Established Member
I wouldn't run it in any Direct Injected diesel, but lots of guys do home brew fuels from either used restaurant grease, used oil and jet fuel, etc. But they are running old IDI diesels such as the GM6.2/6.5 Diesel, Ford 6.9/7.3 (non PS) Diesel, and old mercedes diesels.

YJSONLY

Established Member
My brother in laws dad runs grease in his 2002 chevy 6.6. I forget what ratio.... Also there is a local semi truck mechanic that swears a by a couple of ounces tranny fluid in the fuel tank.

Users who are viewing this thread