'87 393 Stroker Fox Notch F/S or F/T 436rwhp/444rwtq *N/A*!!

adidas5676

Established Member
This car is heavily modded and sounds beautiful. It puts a smile on your face just listening to it. I dynoed it on 5/26/09 and it put down 436rwhp and 444rwtq on 93 octane pump gas. It's naturally aspirated but is set up for nitrous, and since the car is gutted and caged it most likely weighs in around 2500ish pounds, though I haven't officially weighed it. The car is no joke. I really haven't changed all that much since I bought it in May. I've put on brand new skinny tires in September, it's got MT drag radials on the back (used to have street tires), the Holley black fuel pump was replaced with a Holley blue fuel pump, and the carb was rebuilt in September as well.

Modification list as follows:

Engine:
-393 stroker, 1974 351w block fully machined, 12:1 compression, scat 9000 crank, Eagle forged 4340 h-beam rods, Ross forged .030 over pistons
-Block and main caps were cryogenically frozen hardened by Braddock Metalurgical in Jacksonville, FL
-Canton 7 quart pan
-Port/polished World Sr. heads by Brent Frazier w/ 2.02/1.60 valves, Comp Cams chromemoly hardened one piece push rods, Comp Cams solid roller lifters w/ link bar, hardened guideplates, stud mount Scorpion 1.60 roller rockers, rocker girdle, chrome valve covers with engraved flames
-Custom Comp cams solid roller cam 264/272 at .050, .649"/.649", 108 lsa, degreed by Brent Frazier
-Comp cams billet double roller timing chain w/ 9 key way
-Ported Motorsport copy of Victor Jr. intake
-Holley 750 dp carb w/ Barry Grant center body rebuilt in Oct. '08 by All American Carburetor in Orange Park, FL.
-14" K&N filter w/ filter lid
-Chrome flame engraved valve covers

Cooling:
-3 core rad
-Meziere electric water pump (blue)
-3000cfm Perma Cool electric fan
-180 degree thermostat
-No heater core

Exhaust:
-BBK 1 3/4" long tube headers w/ custom made 3" collector
-3" to 2 1/2" reducers with full 2 1/2" piping to 40 series flowmaster mufflers
-Dumps right before differential

Ignition/Electronics:
-MSD 6al ignition (mounted inside car), with extra rev limit chips
-MSD billet distributor with steel gear custom tuned by Brent Frazier (used custom springs and bushings for when timing comes in)
-MSD 8.5mm plug wires
-Jacobs Electronics Ultra coil
-Holley Black electric fuel pump (140gph) (replaced in 11/09 with a Holley Blue pump 110gph)
-Switch panel for ignition, electric fan, water pump, fuel pump, nitrous arming, and hand held cord nitrous push button, and it also has a push button start
-130 amp one wire alt
-High torque one wire mini starter

Transmission:
-Rebuilt Tremec TKO transmission, tranny is tight and strong
-Lakewood steel SFI bellhousing w/ steel block plate
-Billet steel 28oz 157 tooth flywheel
-6 puck double sided ceramic clutch w/ h/d pressure plate (550hp/490ft. tq rated)
-Pro 5.0 shifter
-Adj. clutch cable
-Custom made solid one piece 3" drive shaft w/ heavy duty 1350 universal joints and d/s safety loop. This driveshaft will handle 800+ horsepower.

Rear end:
-Built 8.8" with 31 spline axles
-3.73 Ford Motorsport gears
-Ford Motorsport 31 spline trac-lock unit
-Red Line oil only

Suspension/Chassis:
-Lakewood adjustable 90/10 front struts
-Lakewood 50/50 rear shocks
-Stock 4 cyl springs...lifts up nice
-Air bag for right rear....it's dry rotted though
-8 point Chassis Engineering fully welded in cage
-Full length weld in sub frame connectors
-Strut tower brace
-Front sway bar delete
-Thicker rear sway bar
-X2C Motorsports tubular upper and lower control arms w/ poly bushings
-Solid motor mounts

Interior:
-8 point weld in cage w/ foam padding
-2 poly race seats
-3" tach, coolant temp guage, oil pressure guage
-rocker switch panel
-floor, doors, and trunk was all spray painted gloss black and also sprayed with sound deading material
-All new fresh black carpet
-All power window stuff was removed along with power door stuff including wiring and was coverted to crank windows and manual locks
-6/9" Kenwood speakers in 6/9" boxes mounted on foor where rear seats used to be
-5 1/4" Kenwood speakers in doors
-I had a Pioneer CD player that I removed to get access to under the dash to remove unnessary wiring. While I had it on my work bench previous owner spilled water on it which ruined it. All the wiring is there though under the dash to run another head unit.
-The headliner is removed, along with all heater core stuff, all a/c stuff, and a ton of wiring has been deleted
-Grant steering wheel (not installed)

Exterior:
-It's completly straight (previous owner) got it painted 7 years ago gloss black by Fact-O-Bake. It's not show quality but doesn't look bad from a few feet away as you can see in the pictures.
-It needs a passenger rear quarter panel molding and passenger door handle (it can be opened from the inside though).
-Few rock and paint chips on front bumper also the front drivers corner side of the bumper has paint missing on it. You can point it out in the pictures.
-2 1/2" fiberglass cowl induction hood w/ hood pins
-All windows are tinted

Wheels/Tires:
-Weld draglites 15x8 rear and fronts are 15x4
-Front tires are 165/15
-Rear tires are 275/60/15

Extras:
-Grant GT series steering wheel
-1" carb spacer w/ gaskets
-Nitrous spray bar plate with solenoids
-MSD rpm rev limit chips

Note: I didn't take these pictures, they were taken by the previous owner who had the car for 7 years.

P1000651.gif

P1000649.gif

P1000638.gif

P1000635.gif

P1000630.gif

P1000615.gif

P1000624.gif

I've really barely driven it since I bought it, as it most often sits in my garage safe from the elements, and has less than 2000 miles on it since the previous owner had the motor, tranny and clutch rebuilt. It does not have catalytic converters and will not pass emissions. All lights and hazards work, but the horn and fuel gauge don't. I just do what the previous owner did and refill the fuel when I go somewhere. It just needs a new fuel level sending unit. Wipers work, though should be replaced soon, but the pisser motor doesn't work. I'm asking $7k but I will entertain resonable offers and trades. The car is well worth the money, there is way more invested in it than I am asking. I prefer that you call or text 727 504 0576 as that is the best way to reach me, or respond here.

adidas5676

Established Member
so the motor is not running

?? The motor runs great, I just drove it around the block like 20 minutes ago. Had to make it a short trip because it got the attention of like 2 police cars about a mile away even though I was just cruising haha.

adidas5676

Established Member
Here's some videos of the car in action to give you an idea (not me driving, videos are from previous owner)

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/393-stroker-mustang-vs_231230.htm]vs. '07 GSXR1000[/ame]

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/gutted-87-mustang-coupe-w_231226.htm]vs. '05 Yamaha R6-note: dyno sheet shown not current[/ame]

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/300whp-turbo-civic-vs-393_213125.htm]vs. 300whp turbo civic[/ame]

adidas5676

Established Member
***bump for price reduction- $6500 firm or trades- make me a good offer- this car is worth far more than i'm asking!!***

wan2play

Established Member
Sickness. Always wanted one I can launch and lift of the ground a bit. But, I own a Sonic Blue 03 Cobra which I am selling for a 04 Z06.....Come summer Time I have to find a local 5.0 like this.

Users who are viewing this thread