89 Notch Wiring. HELP!

SwivelSawvel

Established Member
Well like the title says it all. I need some help with wiring on this car. I picked up a 408w carbed 89 Coupe that was set up for a drag car nothing else. How ever they choped up the wire harness under the dash farly well and I have no idea what they did so im trashing it all (car is coming down for a full over haul). I have used the search function but everyone has biased/different situation the type of universal wire harness to run. I want it to have street ability to be able to go on cruises/meets, and drive straight to the drag strip and function with no problems. I have lots of time coming up with in the next couple months to knock this out (motor and trans and interior is coming out for this as well) just need to know what kit to order so I can get to work.

Car is equiped with power locks and windows, no ac/heat, and no power steering. I want the electric fans to be temp based, and run an electric water pump. I have looked at all the brands for wire harness available American Wire, Painless, and Rebel Wiring. The one that catches my eye is the Rebel Wiring, as they list everything I need in there 21 circuit wire harness but no reviews on how well the kit is put together.

Getting to the question here. What kit is put together the best? (best bang for the buck)

Thanks for the long read. Any help/opinion is great!

P.S. Im a aircraft wiring tech in the AF, and im extreamly picky on how my wiring looks/performs.

Users who are viewing this thread