93 Lightning Turbo Dyno numbers

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
I finally got a chance to finish up the tune on the 93 Lightning Saturday at Walker Dynotune in Trussville, Alabama.
My friend Doug @ Bamachips.com created my SCT base file, and I had been working on the drivability portion of the tune since I have the SCT Pro Racer package.

Anyway, I met up with Doug at the Dyno and the very first pull was 406 rwhp and 501 rwtq on 11 psi and 11 degrees timing.:tu:
We bumped the timing to 13 and it increased the curve but the peak numbers were about the same.
Next pull we bumped the timing to 15 degrees and the truck responded by adding 50 rwhp and 50 rwtq in the middle of the curve and the peak numbers about the same.

We made a total of about 11 runs with only 2 or 3 not being full pulls, and every full pull was 400/500 or better.

Peak #'s were 419 rwhp and 529 rwtq - 11psi - 15 degree timing - on 93 octane pump gas.

I am VERY PLEASED !! :dp:

I will post a dyno graph as soon as I can (waiting on the files)

here is a little quick video I made and some pics

Click here to see Video

93turbo103.jpg

93turbo107.jpg

93turbo111.jpg

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
BTW: for those of you that might not know my combo.

1993 Lightning has a bone stock longblock with 210,000 miles (not even the valve covers have been removed)
Then I added Pickrel Performace turbo piping with a Master Power T70 turbo, 42 # injectors, 255 inline fuel pump, custom wiring harness by Ryan @ FordFuelInjection.com to convert from a EEC4 speed density computer to a EEC5 MAF computer complete with OBDII and diagnostic connector under the dash just like my 2003 Lightning :tu:
Then tuned with SCT Pro Racer software by me and my friend Doug @ BamaChips.com

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
Sweet numbers and man that thing sounds quiet!!! I hope the Gen 2 will follow suit soon.

Thanks Fade !!
yeah, its pretty quiet, I hope the Gen 2 will be that way or quieter.

And Congrats on your awesome dyno numbers !!

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
Matt95L said:
Cool :coolman: truck looks mean.Going to take her to the track soon?

Yep, as soon as I get two more wheel adapters made so that I can run my Bogart slicks and skinny combo. :burnout:

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
POsted up on the nloc about this, and I will post here again, because you really deserve your props. Great job Man! :thumbsup: Hey I'm kind of curious as to what was/is involved with the ingenuitive (sp?) MA conversion...From what I was reading over on the nloc about it, I think it sounds like a great option for our trucks. Tranny is controlled just like stock correct? You do not need to go out and buy tranny controller. If you don't mind me asking (you can pm me if you prefer) How much did the whole MA conversion cost? I know it must've been quite a bit of change, but everything looks top-notch. BTW the tinted tails look really good. I think I might try and do that with mine. :rockon: -Josh

Last edited:

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
Soul Rebel said:
POsted up on the nloc about this, and I will post here again, because you really deserve your props. Great job Man! :thumbsup: Hey I'm kind of curious as to what was/is involved with the ingenuitive (sp?) MA conversion...From what I was reading over on the nloc about it, I think it sounds like a great option for our trucks. Tranny is controlled just like stock correct? You do not need to go out and buy tranny controller. If you don't mind me asking (you can pm me if you prefer) How much did the whole MA conversion cost? I know it must've been quite a bit of change, but everything looks top-notch. BTW the tinted tails look really good. I think I might try and do that with mine. :rockon: -Josh

Thanks for the compliments Josh !! :beer:

Yes, the transmission is controlled normally just like the factory computer does.

The KEY to all of this is the 96 F150 computer. (in my case I got the 351/E4OD "MUG4" computer)
I got out kind of cheap on my MAF conversion since I donated most of the parts from my 03 Lightning.
I had the 42# injectors left over, but you can usually find a good used set for less than $250
I also had the SCT 2400 MAF meter left over from my 03L, but a new one is about $250
I got the 96 F150 “MUG4” computer from the junkyard for $75
The custom wiring harness that Ryan @ FordFuelInjection.com built for me was a few hundred dollars. (Ryan builds each harness to the owners specs, so that’s why I didn’t specify an exact amount)
And the computer software is the last piece of the puzzle. You can spend anywhere from $400 for a flash tuner or chip with a custom program by your choice of tuner. Or you can do like I did and buy the SCT Pro Racer package which gives me full control to tune my truck myself and cost in the $575 - $800 range.

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
KB ZILLA, I really think you should post this info over on the nloc, it really seems like a good alternative, especially now with so many guys unsure of which tuning route to go with a turbo. Sounds like you got it all figured out. :thumbsup: keep us updated on any new track times! -Josh

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
Soul Rebel said:
KB ZILLA, I really think you should post this info over on the nloc, it really seems like a good alternative, especially now with so many guys unsure of which tuning route to go with a turbo. Sounds like you got it all figured out. :thumbsup: keep us updated on any new track times! -Josh

"sstock" (they call him Steve Stock) on NLOC.net has been tuning his Pickrel Turbo combination (he has Pickrel's Race Version turbo kit) with a TwEECer still using Speed Density, so it can be done that way also.
I just wanted to try something different than everyone else.

03SilverCoupe

Established Member
hey, its Dennis (previous owner of the truck). I am so glad that that truck wound up in your possesion. That truck is sweet and I miss it so much. how about that shortblock :rockon: 210k and putting out over 400 ponies. pretty son it might be faster than my terminator. i hope to see that truck soon. great job man.

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
03SilverCoupe said:
hey, its Dennis (previous owner of the truck). I am so glad that that truck wound up in your possesion. That truck is sweet and I miss it so much. how about that shortblock :rockon: 210k and putting out over 400 ponies. pretty son it might be faster than my terminator. i hope to see that truck soon. great job man.

:thumbsup: Hey Dennis !
Thanks for the compliments..... Glad to see your still around.
Check back in a few weeks, I hope to get it to the track and make a few passes in it and see what it will do on some slicks. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread