94-95 Computers?

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
I completely forgot what it is called but whats the name of the computer tuner that will get rid of the pull timing and dump fuel thing. I know they don't make them new anymore. is it a worthwhile investment?

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
They have the Tweecer out there now, and there was an EEC tuner too. One guy on the corral is selling his PMS system and 300.00 worth of software for a very good price. The J4J1 processors we have suck...get rid of the "tip in retard", adjust your temps for when the fan comes on and goes off......the darn "load" calculation throws a loop into tuning the fuel and timing tables. You really shouldn't have to mess with them though. Lots of time (over 1-1/2 yrs) playing w/ the EEC Tuner, got rid of and run a dyno tuned chip now...no headaches.

Polygon

Established Member
The part that you are thinking of is the SVO RPM Extender. It plugs between the ECU and the harness and it does just what you said, plus you can adjust a/f ratio and the rev limiter with the turn of a screw.

I've been looking for a used one for years and still have had no luck. They have to be modified to work with the Cobra ECU and only one guy (Sam Guido) knows how to do it.

At this point, it's just as good to get a JMS chip. They can take care of the timing retard and 94mph fuel issue for the same price that you would pay for a used Cobra modified RPM Extender.

Last edited:

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
thanks for the help. it just completely slipped my mind. I am hesitant about running a chip thouygh because you have to get it reburned and I have to trvell to get to a dyno tuning facility but that seems like the best way to go.

94CobraPace

Established Member
Keep checking Ebay, that is where I got mine, for $175, then $70. for the modification from Sam G for the Cobra. It does give car 4 more degrees of timing. I can definitly feel the difference when shifting, can chirp the tire in 3rd easly and pulls over 100 mph good. It is a good mod, but probly won't make much HP.

Polygon

Established Member
Oh it's not a HP mod but it is surely a performance mod. It' worth a tenth or two because of the harder shifts. I've kept my hand on the pulse of the used RPM Extender market and Sam G. Last time I checked, nobody could track Sam down - his e-mail address was dead and his phone number was disconnected. :shrug:

I think the window for that opportunity has shut.

Last edited:

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Alternatives:

Don't like shift retard?? Powershift it! Think the factory fans come on too late (and they do)?? Manual high-speed fan re-wire mod.

Polygon

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT X 2
Alternatives:

Don't like shift retard?? Powershift it! Think the factory fans come on too late (and they do)?? Manual high-speed fan re-wire mod.

Hey easy for you to say because you own an Extender :) I agree with the shift retard solution. The difference between power shifting and not is like night and day!

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
I used to powershift on a normal basis w/ the original T-5. After two xsmsns and replacing the 3-4th gear synchro's three times I bought a tremec and quit powershifting. No problems since.

Users who are viewing this thread