96-98 Cobra EL gauges, finally

ohlarikd

Established Member
I always liked the EL gauges on the newer Cobras and Lightnings. Maybe its a little rice for some, but I like it. For some reason, no one makes the EL gauges for 96-98 Cobras (with proper redline and 160mph speedo), only GTs and V6s. I FINALLY found a place that makes them, and its all custom. You can choose colors, fonts, graphics, logos, gauge face glow of reverse font glow, custom backgrounds, anything.

I simply chose the standard white face with black standard font, but I added 'SVT' on the speedo and 'COBRA' on the tach. Subtle, but unique. Here are pictures of them installed in my car. The left picture is green, the right is blue - it has a selectable switch.

http://users.rcn.com/ohlarikd/gauges.html

I figure these will go nice with my Autometer Lunar EL gauges, which I have yet to install. For 5 months...

Here is the site - the only place I know of with 96-98 Cobra gauges:

http://www.speedhut.com/

Derek
98 Cobra Vert

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
sweet dude ima get a set of those....i love the gauges on the newer cObras but i could never find them...thanks ...

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
factory, between the 96-98's and the 99's. Ive never been around a 96-98 at night. there arent many mustangs around here and if there are they arent driven or are v-6's. Just curious

ohlarikd

Established Member
The only real difference is that the 99+ has digital odometer and tripmeter, and at night the gauges have a weak pale glow in the numbers. Just really sad. The background is not EL, so it just goes black.

So no, yours look much better. You also can buy the Autometer gauge replacement package for the 99+ cars since you have a digital odometer. Although the gauges are not any more accurate (uses stock Ford sensors), they look sweet...

Derek

BlackCobra96

I'm glad you posted those -- I'm planning to get those for my Cobra to match my Autometer gauges. They look sweet.

I've got Phantom gauges instead of Lunars, and I'm planning to install green lightbulb condoms so the Phantoms will glow green too.

I was planning on having "Supercharged" on one side and "Premium Fuel Only" on the other, but I really like what you have. I might end up with "SVT Cobra" on one side and "Supercharged" on the other.

I'm planning to pay an extra $10 to have the Speedhut logo removed for a cleaner look. You can do that if you call in your order.

ohlarikd

Established Member
Good idea - I should have called. For one, I forgot about the logo - $10 would have been good to remove it. Also, I think I should have made the SVT and COBRA in red, instead of black. Oh well, still way better than what was there before.

You could send the art for the official 'SVT' logo and have that added as well, another thing I thought of later...

Derek

calmlikeabomb

Established Member
hmmm, that definitely gives me some ideas. Very nice! and if you guys look thru the customer photo section, there's some guy with a rousch and hes got the rousch logo on there. it'd look real nice with one of these (been contemplating em for a lil while):
AMERICAN.JPG

i saw it over at haney motorsport. the only thing is it's $150. might be worth it tho. looks very sharp!

Users who are viewing this thread