97 lt1 t/a vs 98 cobra

slow trans am

theres a kid at my school who jkust got a 98 cobra and he thinks hes bad so i gave him the rev and we pulled over and talked and he didnt believe my car had a 5.7 litre v8 lol and that his car would kill me so i ask him to race and he says later on in the week. so my question is what willo the outcome be from a stop and roll were both manuals and my mods are in my sig

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
If both of you get a good launch,you'll probly get a car on him,but then he'll just reel you in w/o any problems...If he has gears,he'll beat you from the get go...I would just say to race him and come back and tell us how it went,but since you asked and the LT1/4 valve race is a classic(who hasn't seen one right?)I figured you don't go to the track often...

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
What mods does the cobra have? Should be a drivers race unless he has gears.

I think its funny that you have the T/A and you come on this board to check up on him. You're a smart kid, good luck.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Good luck. My dad always talked smack when he had his 6speed 95 Z28....but never wanted to go to the track. Hmm...

Should be close :)

slow trans am

i have actualy already raced a cobra when i was stock, and i pulled on him for allitle untill we let off cause it was in the middle of downtown. but ya i posted this same thread on ls1 forum to cause i like to see what both car enthusiasts have to say

slow trans am

Originally posted by Scream'nCobra
What mods does the cobra have? Should be a drivers race unless he has gears.

I think its funny that you have the T/A and you come on this board to check up on him. You're a smart kid, good luck.

the cobra is stock

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Originally posted by hondah8ter
but ya i posted this same thread on ls1 forum to cause i like to see what both car enthusiasts have to say

What did they have to say?

What year cobra did you race before?

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
If both cars are stock, you'll pull ahead at first, but eventually he'll catch up. If you can hear his car, it's not stock. Mustangs/cobras are VERY quiet from the factory and exhaust is one of the best band for buck mods for them.

Ought to be a good race though. Good luck to the both of you, be careful, and don't get caught.

My girlfriend has a 95' T/A. Check it out if you like.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/transamg2

slow trans am

the oother cobra i raced was a 98 ust like this one and i was stock and still pulling from him now i have allitel bit of mods. so it should make this more interesting. and also i have pulled away fr4om cars with time slips of 14.0's and that was when i was stock so who knows, but ill be sure to post the resul6e or a video

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
what do stock lt-1's run? I would've thought high 13's at least.

Low 14's up here..Then again I live in the TX Panhandle which is like 6,000' above sea level....:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread