98 Laser Red Cobra ~78600 miles $7500

ksigatmsu7f02

Established Member
I'm ready to move on to a new toy. I have a 1998 Cobra with about 78,600 miles in Laser Red. Always kept waxed and clean. Plenty of awards from car shows. Runs great with some light mods including SCT Livewire with BAMA tunes(stock, race and nitrous - has not had nitrous installed yet or tested so tune has not been tested), IMRCs deleted, JLT Cold Air, Ford Racing wires, Bassani o/r X with Flowmaster catback, Ford Racing springs that haven't been installed and Ford Racing clutch at ~77,400 miles after the stock type replacement blew to pieces.

Interior is in great shape. Seats are all good though the drivers side does show more wear than others and has a small tear in the side support. Carpet and plastic is all in great shape. Under hood is kept clean and stock appearing except for an aftermarket intake plaque. Trunk is kept spotless. Wheels are ~2 years old - 98 Cobra wheels purchased directly from Ford(have ford part numbers just like the original ones). Tires have plenty of tread but since the car is never driven they do have dry rot and need to be replaced soon.

I have the SVT certificate(autographed by John Clor) as well as the original owners manual and SVT supplement in great condition.

We all know what the values of these are but I also realize this is a down market with lots of these cars for sale. I need $7500 to make it worth it to me. I will accept trade value(or trade + cash) in that same value. I don't know that there is one thing I am looking for in trade but I am not looking for a daily driver. May consider roller drag cars/trucks, drag cars/trucks, dirt bikes(MUST have title), maybe other things? Never hurts to suggest but please, no junk. My cobra is in great shape and my price is fair so keep offers to things in similiar condition and fair value.

It has been used as a show car and is maintained that way. We all know we take care of our cars. Feel free to make an offer but don't be offended if I politely reject it. It is nothing personal.

The car does have rock chips along the front edge of the hood. All are small and don't show when the hood is raised at a show. There is also one area, about 1 inch long above the rear side marker light where something rubbed against the car. It is noticeable but is small. The passenger side tail light surround is faded more than the rest of the paint. This as well is noticeable. Wax tends to blend it but you need to be aware of it.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

The car has vanity plates that I assume can be transferred in Texas. They read 'MYSNKE'. They are the old type before the state sold out the vanity plates to a third party. Check into transfer of those if you would like to keep them before making that important to you. I don't know the process for that.

Also, I replaced the headlights and side lights about a year ago. I sealed them and they stay dry but the rubber trim pieces on the side lights ripped off. Also, I had HID lights on there. One bulb burned out so I pulled the lights but the ballasts are still mounted but no longer connected. It has stock type light bulbs now.

Pics -

IMG_6313.jpg

IMG_6310.jpg

IMG_6311.jpg

IMG_6312.jpg

Showing scratch above rear side marker, driver side:
IMG_6309.jpg

IMG_6314.jpg

IMG_6315.jpg

IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6317.jpg

IMG_6318.jpg

IMG_6319.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg

The flash makes it look dirty but it isn't....light dust from the last car show two weeks back that was in a dirt field but nothing like it looks in this picture....
IMG_6323.jpg

IMG_6324.jpg

Showing tear in driver's seat
IMG_6325.jpg

IMG_6327.jpg

IMG_6328.jpg

IMG_6331.jpg

Showing minor water spots on flat part of rear bumper:
IMG_6332.jpg

IMG_6333.jpg

IMG_6335.jpg

IMG_6336.jpg

IMG_6337.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

Last edited:

ksigatmsu7f02

Established Member
Very clean looking Cobra. GLWS.

Thanks.

I was fortunate that the previous owner of this car(prior president of the mustang club I am in) really took care of this car and kept it spotless from top to bottom. After that initial cleaning, its just simple maintenance to keep them that way when they see so few miles. With the two of us owning it, it has only seen rain once and that was leaving our car show two years ago. Other than that, it stays under the carport. I bought it in February 2009 with 76,5** miles and now its at 78,580ish.....doesn't see much road...Its sad to see such a good car sit around wishing it was driven.....

Users who are viewing this thread